Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV : (Not During Storms) OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would any mt. holly met (or any nws met) be able to tell me if I would be eligible to sign up for iNWS? I know it says only emergency managers, etc. are eligible, but my only affiliation would be being a member of skywarn. I'm just trying to get reliable text alerts sent to my iphone. Thanks.

twitter.com/iembot_phi

That gives you everything except zone forecasts on your twitter feed. Enjoy.

I'll tell you what, what the radar showed late last night, and what actually fell here early this morning makes me somewhat disappointed with the rain total here: 0.22".

Sunny breaks now with the precip batch to the east.

I am happy for some rain though :) (not trying to complain too much)

Sorry, still not happy/ A typical single heavy rain event with one or two rumbles of thunder. I am however shocked the storm event made it this far across PA. We need the precip, so I guess I should not complain.

Really? I was woken up by some bright flashes of lightning and booms of thunder, which lasted a good 45 minutes. It was a pretty decent storm, it just lacked the wind.

36-hour rainfall totals thru 2AM:

PHL 1.46

PNE 1.64

LOM 0.31

VAY 0.08

ILG 0.64

PTW 0.21

DYL 0.69

MQS 0.14

WRI 0.11

TTN 1.17

MIV 0.16

UKT 0.14

ACY 0.35

XLL 0.19

MJX 0.46

RDG 0.77

DOV 0.49

ABE 0.75

Honesty....in my opinion, the rip-off zone this spring in terms of strong (good rain producers) and/or severe storms (atleast in Pennsylvania) has been areas:

north of the PA Turnpike, west of the NE Extension, east of Rt. 100 and south of I-78.

These towns include.....Red Hill. Pottstown, Collegeville, King of Prussia and Norristown

I'd rather get less thunderstorms now and more snow in the winter as payback :snowman:

Honesty....in my opinion, the rip-off zone this spring in terms of strong (good rain producers) and/or severe storms (atleast in Pennsylvania) has been areas:

north of the PA Turnpike, west of the NE Extension, east of Rt. 100 and south of I-78.

These towns include.....Red Hill. Pottstown, Collegeville, King of Prussia and Norristown

I'd rather get less thunderstorms now and more snow in the winter as payback :snowman:

Please add Macungie, Emmaus and Hereford. Yesterday it poured again in Allentown, we got a few drops. The storms are very isolated and not severe. Still have not seen training thunderstorms this year. Actually, we have had less than an inch of rain the last 3 weeks. I totally agree with the rest of your boundary. I watch the radar and it is like a shield over our area with storms going south and north at the same time.

36-hour rainfall totals thru 2AM:

PHL 1.46

PNE 1.64

LOM 0.31

VAY 0.08

ILG 0.64

PTW 0.21

DYL 0.69

MQS 0.14

WRI 0.11

TTN 1.17

MIV 0.16

UKT 0.14

ACY 0.35

XLL 0.19

MJX 0.46

RDG 0.77

DOV 0.49

ABE 0.75

Just curious what others got around Bryn Mawr - rain bucket isn't working. Radar looks like we got an inch overnight, but LOM got very little. We've been in a mini rain hole here - Ardmore got dumped during the day on last week when we didn't see a drop. I like the dualing MCSs for overnight tonight though even if the models show squadoosh . And, looks like a couple of MCS soakers next week too (curious what the pro's think of five day MCS forecasts, gotta be really low probability forecasts).

Archived