wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV : (Not During Storms) OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last three days were full of win.

BTW, 90's thru 7/1 8 (only one since 6/10)

'10 YTD: 17

The next three days offer three shots at 90...could be a cheap "heat wave" by the time we're done with the warmth next week.

Anyone care to provide a 'shorecast' for next week? I've seen Glenn's forecast and I think we're in good shape with the exception possibly of Thursday. Heading down tomorrow and I'm interested in some of your thoughts...

Perhaps into Friday if the front hangs up around here (models have been waffling about that from time to time) but Thursday is the most likely day for any thunder for the rest of the wk after today.

Parsley, .01 precip got you beat for the dryness and 92.3 for the the heat wave. Third day in a row of 90's here. Looking for another 90 degree day tomorrow. The lawns are still brown.

Unreal. I was removing old split rail fence posts from my yard and there is NO moisture in the soil over 2 feet down. Hard as a rock and cracking. I can't believe one soaking storm can't move through atleast once a week.

Now we wait til late Wednesday or Thursday for the next "chance".

The Wayne/King of Prussia areas have missed every event for the past 2 months. The last few events when many others get storms we get drizzle like what happened today. We miss storms to the north ,east ,south ,and west. I just need one good storm then I will be quiet. I'm sorry to be whining so much but there is just nothing to talk about for weather in this area.:axe:

Parsley, .01 precip got you beat for the dryness and 92.3 for the the heat wave. Third day in a row of 90's here. Looking for another 90 degree day tomorrow. The lawns are still brown.

Just saying.

History for KPAMACUN1 Macungie Area Weather, Macungie, PA

Daily Summary for July 3, 2011

High: 85.4 °F

Daily Summary for July 2, 2011

High: 87.1 °F

Daily Summary for July 1, 2011

High: 82.5 °F

Just saying.

History for KPAMACUN1 Macungie Area Weather, Macungie, PA

Daily Summary for July 3, 2011

High: 85.4 °F

Daily Summary for July 2, 2011

High: 87.1 °F

Daily Summary for July 1, 2011

High: 82.5 °F

ABE's highs the past 3 days were 85 on the 3rd, 87 on the 2nd, 84 on the 1st.

Anyone near Phillipsburg, NJ today? I drove through that area and saw some damage which almost looked tornadic.

I know its late replying to this, funny you should say that. My daughter drove through there late yesterday afternoon and asked me if they did get a tornado. Corn was flattened. I wonder if that was the same part of the storm that dropped hail in Bethlehem and moved east into P'burg. I'm about 8-10 miles north of there and just received some minor wind damage and 1.28" of rain.

ABE's highs the past 3 days were 85 on the 3rd, 87 on the 2nd, 84 on the 1st.

.....and the last 3 days at PTW have been

88, 91, 91.

Bottom line, temps. have been close to 90 south of ABE and northwest of PHL the past 3 days with little in the way of rain.

.....and the last 3 days at PTW have been

88, 91, 91.

Bottom line, temps. have been close to 90 south of ABE and northwest of PHL the past 3 days with little in the way of rain.

And RDG has been 85, 89, 89 (1st, 2nd, 3rd).

DYL has been 85, 88, 88.

PHL has been 87, 89, 90.

MUI has been 83, 89, 88.

The point being, Grother's readings are the warmest around.

And RDG has been 85, 89, 89 (1st, 2nd, 3rd).

DYL has been 85, 88, 88.

PHL has been 87, 89, 90.

MUI has been 83, 89, 88.

The point being, Grother's readings are the warmest around.

For what its worth, I'd assume Macungie (and PTW) has seen less rain than those 3 obs. site in the past 2 months, hence the higher temperatures on most days. I'm not sure what Grothar's reported highs have been, but around 90 or 91 any of the past 3 days seems reasonable to me in our general area. I'm done beating this topic light a dead horse.

For what its worth, I'd assume Macungie (and PTW) has seen less rain than those 3 obs. site in the past 2 months, hence the higher temperatures on most days. I'm not sure what Grothar's reported highs have been, but around 90 or 91 any of the past 3 days seems reasonable to me in our general area. I'm done beating this topic light a dead horse.

He posted he had 92.3 yesterday. Much higher than the site Smokeater listed as well as every other ASOS in the area, including the one closest to him (ABE).

The point I'm trying to make is that without siting details, we have no way to know how accurate those temps are, and given surrounding observations, they seem a bit too warm. If he were to show me detailed 360 degree images of his station I'd be a bit more inclined to believe the temps. We really want to know if there's any structures or paving which could influence his readings. Of course, even then a secondary reading would also be needed, and as mentioned, the other site in Macungie is reading much lower. Speaking of which, how do you explain that?

He posted he had 92.3 yesterday. Much higher than the site Smokeater listed as well as every other ASOS in the area, including the one closest to him (ABE).

The point I'm trying to make is that without siting details, we have no way to know how accurate those temps are, and given surrounding observations, they seem a bit too warm. If he were to show me detailed 360 degree images of his station I'd be a bit more inclined to believe the temps. We really want to know if there's any structures or paving which could influence his readings. Of course, even then a secondary reading would also be needed, and as mentioned, the other site in Macungie is reading much lower. Speaking of which, how do you explain that?

Can't you just ignore him if it pisses you off so much? It doesn't bother me. Let him report or state what he wants. Its not like this thread is sent to NWS for official record keeping.

Can't you just ignore him if it pisses you off so much? It doesn't bother me. Let him report or state what he wants. Its not like this thread is sent to NWS for official record keeping.

I didn't say he pissed me off. If that is how its coming across, then I apologize. I'm just saying that when your ob says one thing, and everything around you suggests something else, *all the time*, then maybe your ob is not quite correct.

Archived