• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/18/11-3/20/11 Mild Spell

Snow_Miser

Winter is over, so bring on the spring fever! Many computer models have indicated that it will get really warm on Friday.

The GFS has 60s for NJ and NYC.

The CMC is even warmer, with temperatures soaring into the 70s for C NJ.

We are now officially under a Spring Fever Advisory according to Accuweather. :)

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/47043/spring-fever-advisories-issued.asp

Usually these events tend to overperform, especially away from the coast this time of year. So I do think some places will see mid 70s, esp in Interior central NJ. It will be exactly one month since we jumped into the 70s

I saw a forecast calling for 72 at JFK, idk the source because it's some no frills app on my iPhone.

I'll even be happy with tomorrow's forecast, can't wait until this weather becomes consistent.

I saw a forecast calling for 72 at JFK, idk the source because it's some no frills app on my iPhone.

I'll even be happy with tomorrow's forecast, can't wait until this weather becomes consistent.

Yes, looking at that map there is quite the gradient between western LI and eastern LI. I'll be happy to see that again in the summer when we are hitting 100 + while they are in the 70s lol.

Made it to 64 here today.....never got close to 70 as expected.....better enjoy tommorrow....as the bottom falls out from saturday-on...does not look like we will see these temps for a week or so.....euro has a nasty cold shot from mid next week on....

Up to 63.7 now with sunny skies, the high for the day. Wasn't expecting to reach 70F until tomorrow, if at all.

Normal March weather returns next week with rain, possibly snow, and temperatures generally in the 40s.

Up to 63.7 now with sunny skies, the high for the day. Wasn't expecting to reach 70F until tomorrow, if at all.

Normal March weather returns next week with rain, possibly snow, and temperatures generally in the 40s.

I think we'll squeeze one more warm day on Tuesday before we return to colder.

70s in NYC stations. 79 in Newark!

SXUS51 KOKX 181757

OSOOKX

NEW YORK CITY METROPOLITAN WEATHER ROUNDUP

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY

200 PM EDT FRI MAR 18 2011

CITY SKY/WX TMP DP RH WIND PRES REMARKS

CENTRAL PARK PTSUNNY 74 45 35 W13G26 29.81F

LAGUARDIA APRT PTSUNNY 73 44 35 W22G30 29.79F

KENNEDY INTL PTSUNNY 74 45 35 W17 29.80F

NEWARK/LIBERTY PTSUNNY 79 46 31 W17G30 29.80F

JFK crushed the previous record high.

RECORD EVENT REPORTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY300 PM EST FRI MAR 18 2011...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT KENNEDY NY...A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 79 DEGREES WAS SET AT KENNEDY NY TODAYAT 246 PM. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 70 SET IN 1999.

Archived