• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
JB Calling for a big -NAO late march/early April

thinks North of I70 East of the Apps will see snow in that time period

Where did he actually say this? I have a suspicion that he didn't....

I thought with JB gone from AW, he wouldn't need to falsely hype stuff since he doesn't have ratings to worry about, I guess I was wrong.

Where did he actually say this? I have a suspicion that he didn't....

I thought with JB gone from AW, he wouldn't need to falsely hype stuff since he doesn't have ratings to worry about, I guess I was wrong.

How is it hype?

since there are no more copyright issues...here are some of JB's latest tweets

North of I-40 in the plains, and I 70 in the east... last snow of the year may not be till April this year

East getting deluged next 10 days... storm on weekend could end as snow north of pa tpk into New England, but rain biggest story

Look for Neg NAO to evolve later March into April. Will be tough to be a little league parent or golfer new england to northern plains

That rule is for Carolinas, but alluded to it a few days ago when tstorms hit at my house ( within 10 days of winter tstorm, it snows)

Graduated from PSU 33 years ago today, started work next morning at 8 am.

Still like euro over GFS this weekend on east coast. GFS starting to trend further west with second wave ( WOW, WHAT A SHOCK! HA HA)

I wonder what particular pattern produces nice Springs in the East. It seems like last year was such a rarity especially up here on Long Island. Was that due to the radical shift from Niño to Nina? I mean, are el nino springs better than la Nina springs in the east? I certainly hope JB is wrong.

I wonder what particular pattern produces nice Springs in the East. It seems like last year was such a rarity especially up here on Long Island. Was that due to the radical shift from Niño to Nina? I mean, are el nino springs better than la Nina springs in the east? I certainly hope JB is wrong.

Nino springs tend to be much warmer than Nina springs.

since there are no more copyright issues...here are some of JB's latest tweets

North of I-40 in the plains, and I 70 in the east... last snow of the year may not be till April this year

East getting deluged next 10 days... storm on weekend could end as snow north of pa tpk into New England, but rain biggest story

Look for Neg NAO to evolve later March into April. Will be tough to be a little league parent or golfer new england to northern plains

That rule is for Carolinas, but alluded to it a few days ago when tstorms hit at my house ( within 10 days of winter tstorm, it snows)

Graduated from PSU 33 years ago today, started work next morning at 8 am.

Still like euro over GFS this weekend on east coast. GFS starting to trend further west with second wave ( WOW, WHAT A SHOCK! HA HA)

Not at all surprised by this, I remember Brian (Vawxman) said to look for the coldest anomalies in the East for the last 7-10 days of March.

Today is only March 4.

Do you really see any model support for sustained cold before midmonth? Sure, one or two day blasts, but nothing to hold it in. If we get that 2nd half of the month, then I'd say he's onto something, but if it's a week at the end of the month, then that's hardly overwhelming the pattern for March....:arrowhead:

Do you really see any model support for sustained cold before midmonth? Sure, one or two day blasts, but nothing to hold it in. If we get that 2nd half of the month, then I'd say he's onto something, but if it's a week at the end of the month, then that's hardly overwhelming the pattern for March....:arrowhead:

I don't see any signs of a pattern change...you're not going to get sustained below normal temperatures with a huge vortex over Greenland/Baffin Island; all the cold is locked up in the northern latitudes with a progressive, zonal flow across the CONUS. Unfortunately, the best blocking period may occur at the end of March when it's hard for many to see much snow.

I don't see model support, but remember, from what you posted, it looks like he was talking about more than just someone's backyard. Let's see how the month plays out.

I cant begin to tell you how many times Im working in Old Saybrook, and points north under full cloudy skies in the spring, and look out over the sound to see you basking in sunshine,. its not fair,.. but thats the landmass heating doing its dirty work.

Last March into early April was absolutely HORRENDOUS - We had to endure 90s in early April

This March/April will be much different - Lots of rain and hopefully a RECORD severe -NAO

I HATE 90S in early April - There is a proper time and place for everything - 90s in early April in DCA aint it.

Summer is horrid enough around here as is - I'll take 33 degrees with torrential rain and record flooding in early April - It sure beats low 90s.

Last spring New England got to enjoy severe flooding

This spring - It's Northern Virginia's turn - I want severe high winds with 2000% percent of normal rainfall with severe weather and New England-style 2010 flooding

I've been waiting all my life for this - BRING IT ON!!!

Last March into early April was absolutely HORRENDOUS - We had to endure 90s in early April

This March/April will be much different - Lots of rain and hopefully a RECORD severe -NAO

I HATE 90S in early April - There is a proper time and place for everything - 90s in early April in DCA aint it.

Summer is horrid enough around here as is - I'll take 33 degrees with torrential rain and record flooding in early April - It sure beats low 90s.

Last spring New England got to enjoy severe flooding

This spring - It's Northern Virginia's turn - I want severe high winds with 2000% percent of normal rainfall with severe weather and New England-style 2010 flooding

I've been waiting all my life for this - BRING IT ON!!!

90s in mid April 2002 was fun, because it ended with one of the best severe thunderstorms I have ever seen.

I don't see model support, but remember, from what you posted, it looks like he was talking about more than just someone's backyard. Let's see how the month plays out.

Does anyone know where Joe Bastardi went to. He seems to have dropped out of sight?

Wow JB is like a herpes virus, you stamp him out he re-appears. Anyway, great material when sitting on shi*tter and need something to read. Yeah only JB can change his tune each week so he can look like a rockstar....record -NAO...haha ok much like in Jan when he said "there are signs in the atmosphere of breaking this cold pattern and flipping seasons." Good riddence JB you can't hold Pasternak's jock man.

post-5323-0-87742300-1299358901.jpg

Wow JB is like a herpes virus, you stamp him out he re-appears. Anyway, great material when sitting on shi*tter and need something to read. Yeah only JB can change his tune each week so he can look like a rockstar....record -NAO...haha ok much like in Jan when he said "there are signs in the atmosphere of breaking this cold pattern and flipping seasons." Good riddence JB you can't hold Pasternak's jock man.

Wouldn't know about the herpes thing..........

The pattern in february and so far in march is totally different than December/January. for much of the east, the cold was a shadow of its former self. Maybe you don't read JB much, but he was talking weeks out, not days.

Maybe you should find a different place to read JB so you can concentrate on his ideas.

TW

Archived