• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
MARCH

Mr Torchey

What's bothering me on this thread and everywhere else is that everyone is out to prove someone is lying. Well I should say the cold misers are out to prove the warm misers aren't right about it being March 1st...it's actually January 1st. It's all getting personal and needs to end.

It's all good.

Ray, again, just look at your life before you mudsling others...I feel just fine leaving it at that.

It's only fooking snow and weather...don't take life or yourself so seriously....just a bad way to live, IMO.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all good.

Ray, again, just look at your life before you mudsling others...I feel just fine leaving it at that.

It's only fooking snow and weather...don't take life or yourself so seriously....just a bad way to live, IMO.

Dude, I simply called you a tool because you are apparently under the impression that the most exposed areas are representative of the ambient evirons, with regard to snowpack.....btw, I was not the only one who felt this way and was making snide remarks, yet you voraciously and crudely singled me out.

Now, you tell me who went personal.

A proper response to that would have been " :weenie: " , "how did that bet work out with Jerry" or "how is your epic March doing"

But no....you keep reminding me of the worst night of my life in which I was pronounced dead and subsequently expected to perish, narrowly and improbably averted permanent brain damage, had much of my immediate family afflicted with post traumatic stress syndrome and topped it all of with one of the most painful 7 hour operations known to man.

I'm not going to cower in a corner, so don't expect me to refrain from responding as if you are a POS because that is how I would characterize one who exhibits that behavior.

Did I deserve all that I have endured, one could make a good argument that I did, but your repeated references to that ordeal are entirely unwarranted in that particular context on this forum....period.

Dude, I simply called you a tool because you are apparently under the impression that the most exposed areas are representative of the ambient evirons, with regard to snowpack.....btw, I was not the only one who felt this way and was making snide remarks, yet you voraciously and crudely singled me out.

Now, you tell me who went personal.

A proper response to that would have been " :weenie: " , "how did that bet work out with Jerry" or "how is your epic March doing"

But no....you keep reminding me of the worst night of my life in which I was pronounced dead and subsequently expected to perish, narrowly and improbably averted permanent brain damage, had much of my immediate family afflicted with post traumatic stress syndrome and topped it all of with one of the most painful 7 hour operations known to man.

I'm not going to cower in a corner, so don't expect me refrain from responding as if you are a POS because that is how I would characterize one who exhibits that behavior.

Did I deserve all that I have endured, one could make a good argument that I did, but your repeated references to that ordeal are entirely unwarranted in that particular context on this forum....period.

Maybe you are just a little bored with life, have way too much free time, and/or drink too much and are taking things way out of context. All I said was you should look at your own life before trying to tear down others, very easy concept. I said and implied nothing else. That in no way suggested anything about your accident, it was entirely you to play victim and read that into it it would seem.

You are the one saying it, Ray... look at your life, which you publish on here for everyone to read....all that needs to be said.

Maybe you are just a little bored with life, have way too much free time, and/or drink too much and are taking things way out of context. All I said was you should look at your own life before trying to tear down others, very easy concept. I said and implied nothing else. That in no way suggested anything about your accident, it was entirely you to play victim and read that into it it would seem.

Gee, my accident and subsequent recovery was thoroughly chronicled on here, since it occured after a gtg and many of the friends that I have met on this community were deeply concerened.....there was an entire thread dedicated to it; no other aspect of my life has ever been publicised on this board, so that leads me to believe that you are a spineless coward....who is trying to back out because you know that you are wrong and look like an azz.

I'm not very good at "playing the victim" because I suggested that I deserved everything that I have endured; the only reason I went into such vivid detail was to convey the disconnect that exists between my trivial criticism of your snow depth perception and your valed reference to my brutal experience (or anything personal for that matter), which is why it was grossly out of context and transcended the normal pissing contests that go on, here.

I also fail to see how I spend my time has anything to do with how I interpreted your post.

You know nothing else about my life, so it's pretty easy to duduce what you were referring to. :lol:

They stopped measuring depth years ago, too bad too but then again Boston has none.

How so? I've had continuous and mostly relatively deep snow cover for a long time. The 12/26 storm gave a deep cover which hold on by a thread before being replenished in January. Still snow cover out there.....in sun protected spots probably still approaching 10-12 inches. Sun exposed fields have much thinner cover but snow is still here....most continuous I've experienced since 1993-94. It may be gone soon but it's there this morning.

How so? I've had continuous and mostly relatively deep snow cover for a long time. The 12/26 storm gave a deep cover which hold on by a thread before being replenished in January. Still snow cover out there.....in sun protected spots probably still approaching 10-12 inches. Sun exposed fields have much thinner cover but snow is still here....most continuous I've experienced since 1993-94. It may be gone soon but it's there this morning.

That was in jest Jerry in respone to Birvines posting today that there was no snow left in Boston and posting pictures of a sun drenched south facing parking lot

Gee, my accident and subsequent recovery was thoroughly chronicled on here, since it occured after a gtg and many of the friends that I have met on this community were deeply concerened.....there was an entire thread dedicated to it; no other aspect of my life has ever been publicised on this board, so that leads me to believe that you are a spineless coward....who is trying to back out because you know that you are wrong and look like an azz.

I'm not very good at "playing the victim" because I suggested that I deserved everything that I have endured; the only reason I went into such vivid detail was to convey the disconnect that exists between my trivial criticism of your snow depth perception and your valed reference to my brutal experience (or anything personal for that matter), which is why it was grossly out of context and transcended the normal pissing contests that go on, here.

I also fail to see how I spend my time has anything to do with how I interpreted your post.

You know nothing else about my life, so it's pretty easy to duduce what you were referring to. :lol:

You could not be more wrong, however your accident is definitely a symptom of some pretty deep issues. I did not bring it up and carefully chose not to, because it is bad taste.

Have you been downtown at all, though? I know the closeby burbs can hold onto snow a lot longer. Yesterday I was in Govt Ctr/Beacon Hill/ Back Bay and there are many torch spots with nothing left, as many spots with ZERO snow (no banks or anything) as there are with reasonably good cover.

Should be an interesting day... we will be watching for WINDEX today. And interestingly enough, I'll be skiing with Weir Lundstedt who authored the WINDEX paper titled "A method to forecast wintertime instability and non-lake effect snow squalls across NNE" way back in 1993. Weir also wrote the book on Norlun trough instability as well... if you really are interested google Lundstedt and Norlun and WINDEX... fascinating stuff.

Tim Kelley, Weir, and I have been arguing about the weekend storm... Tim thinks colder, Weir says heavy rainer. I like rain to snow. We all could win.

But if I could say one more thing... it is that skiers love the weather. Or is it that meteorologists love skiing? Eitherway, Weir was Jim Cantore's roommate at Lyndon State and both of them are about as passionate skiers as you can get. Same goes for Tim.

Here's the WINDEX and NORLUN man enjoying some powder in the Stowe woods a couple weeks ago:

You could not be more wrong, however your accident is definitely a symptom of some pretty deep issues. I did not bring it up and carefully chose not to, because it is bad taste.

Wow man I don't know either of you personally at all besides what people are posting but objectively here, you are way out of line. Who are you to judge ray?

06z NAM actually had some qpf over se mass.

yeah hi-res ruc really lights up the "radar" with these things. decent RH spike between 850-500. you can actually track a good spike (dip i suppose) in best LI too right across the region.

it's that time of year where you can add just a few more degrees to the BL and generate a bit more instability.

yeah hi-res ruc really lights up the "radar" with these things. decent RH spike between 850-500. you can actually track a good spike (dip i suppose) in best LI too right across the region.

it's that time of year where you can add just a few more degrees to the BL and generate a bit more instability.

phil what general time would this be, and would it be actual snow down on the south coast?

I just saw the HRRR..lol. I guess it wouldn't shock me.

Actually, so does the GFS with decent RH and LI drop.

There is a band(s) of some kind of snow approaching from the NW through VT right now...

Correct me if I'm wrong, the WINDEX checklist requires a sudden jump upward in LI coinciding with RH.

We are about 24 hours away from relay off the Pacific... It was interesting to see the 00z ECM slipped toward the GFS with the thoughts on possible 2ndary wave forming on the front and then clipping the area with some kind of snow in 6 days. We await to see if some stronger southern stream dynamics come in - if so, that could be an important event.

It may also be a season ender

Windexy time

Dumping. 30-35dbz over Mansfield and the RT 108/Mountain Road corridor. These flakes are huge, some of these are pushing an inch in diameter, like down feathers.

Classic squall day where the upslope regions just stay in a sustained moderate to heavy snow while everywhere else sees intermittent snow showers and a squall.

I'm right on the zig-zag county border west of the marker.

There is a band(s) of some kind of snow approaching from the NW through VT right now...

Correct me if I'm wrong, the WINDEX checklist requires a sudden jump upward in LI coinciding with RH.

We are about 24 hours away from relay off the Pacific... It was interesting to see the 00z ECM slipped toward the GFS with the thoughts on possible 2ndary wave forming on the front and then clipping the area with some kind of snow in 6 days. We await to see if some stronger southern stream dynamics come in - if so, that could be an important event.

It may also be a season ender

The LI spike occurs within 6-12 hrs of fropa, indicating the area dramatically stabilizing..even of LI's are not zero.

Archived