wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March 2011 general obs/discussion thread

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We haven't had a snow greater than 1" since the early Feb blizzard, so winter's basically been over for over a month here. Really don't see any opportunities for additional snow anytime soon, so with that I'm pretty much completely into spring mode now.

Indeed.

Winter is and has been over.

We haven't had a snow greater than 1" since the early Feb blizzard, so winter's basically been over for over a month here. Really don't see any opportunities for additional snow anytime soon, so with that I'm pretty much completely into spring mode now.

Wow, that's rough. I would exchange late winter nickel and dime bs for an epic blizzard like that though.

March sun is showing in full force. Open, sunny areas the snow is getting assaulted, in the shade it isnt budging. Its that time of year though, spring is near, and after a great winter thats cool. Mornings like this morning make me not want spring yet at all. Took a ****load of pictures this morning. Heres a link of all 24 pics below, Ill just post a few here.

2767-800.jpg

2772-800.jpg

2774-800.jpg

2780-800.jpg

2781-800.jpg

2784-800.jpg

2790-800.jpg

March sun is showing in full force. Open, sunny areas the snow is getting assaulted, in the shade it isnt budging. Its that time of year though, spring is near, and after a great winter thats cool. Mornings like this morning make me not want spring yet at all. Took a ****load of pictures this morning. Heres a link of all 24 pics below, Ill just post a few here.

http://www.americanw...lasters-beauty/

Nice pics.

Not according to JB...he thinks north of I-40 in the Plains to north of I-70 east of the Apps hasn't seen its last snow. :guitar:

Ah yes JB much like a herpes sore once you think he has vanished wham he appears again. Well only JB can change his tune every week to make himself look like God, he bombed this winter forecast and he can say whatever, no one knows for sure if a recoed low nao is coming or not, the ensembles show a mix of solutions. Sure you can be like JB and tout the same sh*t over and over and hit gold once in while. Anyhoo, the March sun feels great today and the first sign of greenup has appeared in the day lillies as some green knubs have appeared above the soli.guitar.gif

GGEM/UKIE & EURO all showing a potent system for Friday, Mar 10th for the dakotas on east...each new run of these models has shown a better developed system. GGEM showing a mini blizzard for the dakotas with strong winds and an arctic shot to follow...maybe "cmichweather" can chime in on this further in a day or 2.

from 12Z...ukie, euro & ggem

18z gfs has a nice little clipper for next fri-sat.

IMO, theres a difference between winter being over and not having seen the last snow. Winter as I see it (cold+snowcover) is over, today was a good example of that. Started the day with a fresh 4.7" of snow, after a day of full sun and a high of 34F, the snow in shaded areas merely settled to 3-4", but in sunny areas was assaulted, depth has melted down to a range of 0-2". That wouldnt happen on a January day thats sunny and 34F.

As for seeing the last snowstorm? We have over a month to go, folks, at least this far north, before we are out of the woods, heck 2 months before we are out of the woods for last flakes.

Ya even if i thought SSC would hit 65" I would never make that bet this late in the game, way too much could go wrong :P

If he hits 65" that could mean another warning storm for MI. I'd pay way more than 40 bucks for one more snow warning event.. So you break even.. hell its only 10 gallons of gas.

If he hits 65" that could mean another warning storm for MI. I'd pay way more than 40 bucks for one more snow warning event.. So you break even.. hell its only 10 gallons of gas.

Nah I am getting tired of snow, its been insane here since Feb 1st. Around 35" since then.

Archived