• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Picture-postcard March snowstorm plasters beauty

Heavy rain ended up washing away most of the snowpack Friday/Saturday, leaving just patches and lots of snowbanks...then the rain turned to snow last night, and yet another surprise snowstorm hits! Its been an awesome winter. Expected 1", got 4.7". Thats 3 surprise snowstorms in the past month (Feb 5 got 4.1", expected 0...Feb 20/21 got 10.2" expected 1-2" + ice...Mar 5/6 got 4.7" expected 1"). Just like when youre in a stretch where nothing goes right, this is one of those winters where nothing goes wrong :). We are now at 63.7" on the season.

This snow, however, was about as picture-postcard as it gets. When I was in the park I honestly wanted a chair just to sit in the woods and relax it was so gorgeous. March sun is killing the snow in the sun, not budging in the shade. But its that season, weve had a great winter, and Im ok with it.

2765-800.jpg

2766-800.jpg

2767-800.jpg

2768-800.jpg

2769-800.jpg

2770-800.jpg

2771-800.jpg

2772-800.jpg

cont......

Nice photos once again, but please.....keep that white stuff out there, I don't want any more this season. :P

My dad (a winter hater) was out of town for our 2-day bare period Feb 18-19, so he has not seen his lawn all winter. Yesterday morning as grass invaded the whole center of the yard, he was all gloating about how nice it was to see grass, spring is here, blah blah..unaware it would be white 7 hours later. So I got the last laugh and when I returned the gloating, i got a few choice words :lol:. And my mom (a winter lover, but who loves all 4 seasons) is in that mode where on a sunny day shes all ready for spring telling me she has spring fever than last night she calls me to tell me how gorgeous the snow is. Im like here, but probably with a little more lean towards snow. Its one of those things where after a long fun winter, give me sunny spring weather and Ill be ready for it, out there enjoying it with everyone else, probably even get some spring fever. But turn around and give me the snow like we had this morning, and I want spring to stay far far away. I know Im in the minority (even among my snow-loving friends), but it is what it is!

:gun_bandana:

Keep 'em coming!

Pattern looks to stay active, dont really need any more moisture but I say bring it on. Might as well keep climbing higher in the top 10 snowiest winters list. Besides, spring snow doesnt last too long. Snow depth will be down to a T for tomorrow morning, so we will stop attm at 79 days of 1"+ snowcover on the season so far. Certainly hope to hit 80 :lol:

These are some of your most artistic photos to date, really beautiful. I love the shot of the pond and bridge, as well as the snow-spattered trees with a few red leaves remaining on the oaks. Very pretty.

You've had a great second half of winter. At our cost devilsmiley.gif

How much snow have you seen, Josh, since Feb 1st?

Thanks very much to all for the compliments :)

From Feb 1st - March 9th we had 6.10" of precipitation and 36.5" of snow. After another storm of rain washed away all but piles of the snow yesterday, yet another snowfall is beginning outside my window as I type, the deform of what looks to be a massive NE rainstorm.

Top 5 snowstorms since Feb 1st

10.2" - Feb 20/21

10.1" - Feb 1/2

4.7" - Mar 5/6

4.3"- Feb 25

4.1" - Feb 5

Archived