joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2011 general obs/discussion thread

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed but man the gfs has been trending colder and although it's the 18z run, the period from the 9th to the 13th looks brutal....it may be overdone some, but the numbers it's tossing around mimmick more Jan/Feb than almost mid march.

http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/

Relax man. The GFS always shows crazy extremes in the long run; both hot and cold.

test8.gif

Doesn't really look that bad...

really?

REALLY?

I mean, seriously? Even if you're not a severe person, you should know. ;)

Probably the first time i have ever seen anyone on any wx forum have to ask about 1974. :lol:

Okay here is what happened. My whole block in south Philly was closed off for a block party that was my birthday party! We had :popcorn::weenie::icecream: and alot of :beer: and everyone was :drunk:

Probably the first time i have ever seen anyone on any wx forum have to ask about 1974. :lol:

Okay here is what happened. My whole block in south Philly was closed off for a block party that was my birthday party! We had :popcorn::weenie::icecream: and alot of :beer: and everyone was :drunk:

Ban hammer worthy for not knowing 1974, that's like asking a Miami poster what Andrew was...

As for similarities to 1974, there are some, alot of the banner tornado outbreak years have similarities to this year.

Ban hammer worthy for not knowing 1974, that's like asking a Miami poster what Andrew was...

As for similarities to 1974, there are some, alot of the banner tornado outbreak years have similarities to this year.

Yeah that was a bit surprising.

And yeah there is a few things working in that favor with severe wx. See how the next few weeks go. I really wanna pull the trigger but wanna wait and see how a few things play out first.

BTW. I had a very nice ending to my short story but probably not a good idea for the wx side. :pimp:

Yeah that was a bit surprising.

And yeah there is a few things working in that favor with severe wx. See how the next few weeks go. I really wanna pull the trigger but wanna wait and see how a few things play out first.

BTW. I had a very nice ending to my short story but probably not a good idea for the wx side. :pimp:

LOL

Yeah I think given that the last few fronts haven't made it all the way to the Gulf Coast would be a good thing for the Severe Weather factor.

Yeah March is gonna be a wild ride certainly unlike last year but I'm actually concerned more about a possible flash freeze tonite more than March right now. Man 3 years ago I got caught in a flash freeze driving and it freaked me out big time, I think it took a week for my white knuckles to subside.

Hoosier, the snowstorm possibility for the 10th is that down by you or does it look like a large swath of the midwest? Certainly appears to be cold enough to support snow down to I-70 at least.

Plus March actually starts on Tuesday, therefore it's not the "start" of March.

GFS continues to show a snowstorm in the 216 hr range.

Sorry, should of said first week of March then, and 0c is actually pretty warm for mby to start march. Either way it gets cold after that. How cold? Who knows, but the 6z GFS has backed off some on the artic intrusion and I would expect that trend to continue.

Sorry, should of said first week of March then, and 0c is actually pretty warm for mby to start march. Either way it gets cold after that. How cold? Who knows, but the 6z GFS has backed off some on the artic intrusion and I would expect that trend to continue.

Yeah... this time of the year you can easily add 8-10c to 850 mb temps when sunny, so you're looking at 46-50F for highs if the sun comes out with 0c 850 mb temps. 10c 850 temps can get us near 70 with the right conditions this time of the year...

Archived