wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March 2011 general obs/discussion thread

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And heres a scary thought...we now are entering a transition season, aka the models worst performance times. So we should get ready, because they wont be doing as "well" as they did this winter

:lol: Mjo in phase 8 plus the ONE model consistent is an active longrange, best ingredients you can ask for for one last good snowstorm. Only time will tell though.

And heres a scary thought...we now are entering a transition season, aka the models worst performance times. So we should get ready, because they wont be doing as "well" as they did this winter

:lol: Mjo in phase 8 plus the ONE model consistent is an active longrange, best ingredients you can ask for for one last good snowstorm. Only time will tell though.

LOL! No offense man, but please let this snowstorm be mine. I have missed so many this year it is just sickening. You guys have had more than me. This La Nina was backwards.

Well, as long at it hurt. :)

You must be the only soccer fan in Indiana.

There's actually a decent contingent of soccer fans here in LAF. Purdue helps I suppose (i.e. foreign students), but I have a few friends too who follow it along with myself.

LOL! No offense man, but please let this snowstorm be mine. I have missed so many this year it is just sickening. You guys have had more than me. This La Nina was backwards.

Oh Im not talking this Wed storm, that is rain all the way for here...but talking the next month in general. Everyone from Missouri to Kentucky on northward has a shot at another snowstorm imo.

Oh Im not talking this Wed storm, that is rain all the way for here...but talking the next month in general. Everyone from Missouri to Kentucky on northward has a shot at another snowstorm imo.

I didn't mean the Wed storm either. I am just saying for any storm after this next one in general. February around here was just bad.

Harry a question. In your opinion will it materialize? Not trying to be confrontational you have way more knowledge than I.

It is hard to say. This is the first time in a while it has come out of the circle. I would like to see what it does over the next couple of days to see if it is the real deal and thus starts heading for phase 1.

And I thought I had seen everything... good lord

OTTAWA – The feds have spent nearly $900,000 on weather alert radios for schools across Canada, a move that has left teachers — and the environment minister — scratching their heads.

...“It's a useless expense that should have gone to researchers studying weather in a warming climate,” said Bigras.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2011/03/08/17538326.html

And I thought I had seen everything... good lord

OTTAWA – The feds have spent nearly $900,000 on weather alert radios for schools across Canada, a move that has left teachers — and the environment minister — scratching their heads.

...“It's a useless expense that should have gone to researchers studying weather in a warming climate,” said Bigras.

http://www.torontosu...8/17538326.html

No, THAT would have been a waste of money.

No, THAT would have been a waste of money.

I honestly wouldn't expect anything more than that reaction from the gov't and public.

Tornado sirens? Pointless, they would just draw crowds outside to watch storms.

Emergency alert system? Pointless, it will cause unnecessary alarm and people could hack it relaying false notifications.

Weather radios in schools? Pointless because global warming is out there.

It's 2011 and we still have no warning system. There was an article in the paper a while ago about the importance of weather radios in homes.. but the EM director being interviewed said his wx radio was in a box in the basement and not even plugged in. As if that is going to get the public motivated to buy wx radios. Also, why would the reporter include that detail? Beyond me.

:axe:

I honestly wouldn't expect anything more than that reaction from the gov't and public.

Tornado sirens? Pointless, they would just draw crowds outside to watch storms.

Emergency alert system? Pointless, it will cause unnecessary alarm and people could hack it relaying false notifications.

Weather radios in schools? Pointless because global warming is out there.

It's 2011 and we still have no warning system. There was an article in the paper a while ago about the importance of weather radios in homes.. but the EM director being interviewed said his wx radio was in a box in the basement and not even plugged in. As if that is going to get the public motivated to buy wx radios. Also, why would the reporter include that detail? Beyond me.

:axe:

That EM should have been fired for making that comment to a reporter.

Archived