Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March 2011 general obs/discussion thread

snowstormcanuck

Sadface

The groundhogs got it all wrong. Spring's not coming early this year. In fact, Environment Canada predicts a whole lot more cold air and snow might still be on the way.

http://swo.ctv.ca/se...01/?hub=SWOHome

Nice find. And lol at some of those comments.

btw...smattering of flakes here right now. Can at least officially put a T in the record books for March 2011.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im ready for the warmth of spring. Im not buying this colder than normal stuff. I hear that every year.

I'd like some warmth but I don't think it's in the cards. Sure there could be a warm day or two mixed in but it looks average or below for the most part until possibly late in the month.

Met spring has arrived, but it sure doesn't feel like it here, either. Our average high temp is up to 40, but our 7-day forecast shows nothing but 30s with a couple upper 20s thrown in. All the storms are missing to the south and east as well. We haven't had an inch of snow in nearly a month.

Seems almost impossible not to get an inch of snow 2 march's in a row for most locations in wi. Wish I had the care to look back on MKE March's. March snows to me once we get past the first 10 days of the month are nothing but season stat padders and a bonus down here. Sure their is the oddball smoking in the 2nd half of march like in 2008 here, but I bet 9 times outta 10 once we're past 10-15 days in march its nothing but headache and back breaking shoveling nuisance snows to most that is gone in a few days. I'll take any snow any time of the yr but most don't feel that way and I don't blame them if they b**ch come mid march snows... useless stuff outside of a stat and snow weenie in most our parts.

Upper 30's tomorrow... By the end of the week its looking the the bare ground will have worked its way up to here. Maybe it won't be as warm as last march but its on its way to being as snow cover void as it.

dude global warming you'll never have snow cover in late march this isn't the 70's......popcorn.gif

not looking forward to heavy rain. Took this pic this evening. The snow is so frozen solid that after I stepped on top of the 4" pack with all my weight, this is as far as I sunk in. Its not every winter you can literally walk on top of snow! So we had a heavy 16" snowpack get torched away Feb 17-19, then quickly replaced by a 10" snowstorm, a 4" snowstorm, a 1" rainstorm and now heavy rain and more snow in the forecast. This cant be good for hydro!

2763-800.jpg

Lots of rain in the forecast here. Been a warm 2 weeks with highs being in the 60's for 4 or 5 days then dropping back into the 40's for a day or two then right back up to 60 two days later. I have a feeling that I will not see a snowflake for the rest of the season. This March could go down in the record book in terms of the rain totals.

We made it to 53 earlier this afternoon before the cold front passed. Felt pretty nice out there. The sky was filled with nice elevated towers. After the front passed the temps dropped and we went over to a steel gray sky. A cold rain out there right now, at 41. May get a dusting of snow later tonight, but nothing overly exciting.

Quite the rainstrom here but man around STL that's insane, I am betting some spots down there might be getting close to some 4 inch rain thresholds. Looks like an interesting system midweek again with more soaking rains and do I dare say maybe some snow in WI? Seems like a quick hitting shot of cold behind that system.

Euro bringing in spring right on schedule. Wish I didn't have this full cover glacier snow pack so we could start a little drying out before the next big rain event incoming.. Most all signs of snow on the ground should be gone by next weekend hopefully. Mud season sucks along with those pesky plow mounds a long the road that make the puddles to splash sh1t on your freshly washed car right after you pull away.

Euro bringing in spring right on schedule. Wish I didn't have this full cover glacier snow pack so we could start a little drying out before the next big rain event incoming.. Most all signs of snow on the ground should be gone by next weekend hopefully. Mud season sucks along with those pesky plow mounds a long the road that make the puddles to splash sh1t on your freshly washed car right after you pull away.

Are you ever happy? You seem to really want snow, but when we had the blizzard, you said you hated blizzards. Now you complain about having a snowpack.:rolleyes:

Crossed the 50" threshold with today's 3.7". Based on total snowfall, this puts this winter into the same company as my "B" grade winters (2000-01, 2004-05). However, due to not only the lack of 6"+ snowstorm, but also the number of bitter screwjobs, I'm finding it hard to assign this winter such a high grade. If winter ended today, I'd go no higher than C. Maybe C+.

Are you ever happy? You seem to really want snow, but when we had the blizzard, you said you hated blizzards. Now you complain about having a snowpack.:rolleyes:

Just sick of winter if its not going to snow and its not for a while, so we might as well have a once in a lifetime spring again like last march.. 4.7" of snow does nothing for me this time a yr.. Its nice for those who get their jolly's from stats and such but 4" is useless **** in march and it will be long gone by next weekend anyways... Gimmie 8-12" and a rip on the sleds one last time and my attitude will change from this F winter since Feb. 2nd. And yes I hate blizzards as a snowpack guy.. I can't stand when there is bare spots in the wind tunnels and 3 foot drift 2 feet from it.. Give me 12 of paste that falls on the even any day over a blizzard.

GGEM/UKIE & EURO all showing a potent system for Friday, Mar 10th for the dakotas on east...each new run of these models has shown a better developed system. GGEM showing a mini blizzard for the dakotas with strong winds and an arctic shot to follow...maybe "cmichweather" can chime in on this further in a day or 2.

from 12Z...ukie, euro & ggem

post-252-0-22004000-1299439108.gif

post-252-0-12684800-1299439130.gif

post-252-0-61198100-1299439148.gif

Archived