Newest Member
    northernriwx
Feb. 20th - ? Possible Storm

wisconsinwx

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18z GFS ensemble mean at 120hrs:

I can sense you're slowly getting more invested in a possible snow storm. Guess you don't have much of a choice since chances of severe weather are getting flushed down like turds in the Chicago River.

LMAO @ that vid.. I don't think josh is going to find it to funny though.

Who will win this battle? 12z GFS vs EURO

GFS

MON 00Z 21-FEB 12.2 6.7 1008 98 41 0.01 565 558

MON 06Z 21-FEB 11.5 6.5 1005 97 62 0.02 563 559

MON 12Z 21-FEB 12.0 7.5 1001 98 67 0.03 556 555

MON 18Z 21-FEB 13.5 4.8 1003 85 51 0.13 551 548

near 60

vs

EURO

MON 00Z 21-FEB 6.4 3.0 1013 86 87 0.04 560 549

MON 06Z 21-FEB -0.3 -0.2 1017 67 86 0.06 559 545

MON 12Z 21-FEB -4.9 -2.7 1019 43 99 0.05 557 542

MON 18Z 21-FEB -3.7 -3.9 1018 52 97 0.02 557 543

light rain to snow.. LOL

What I am pointing out is system 1... See the cold vs warm difference???

Well whoever sees snow, they're going to have a fun time. That impressive temperature gradient should yield some great vertical forcing, if not slantwise convection. This may also be a good sleet/freezing rain producer.

Also, the 540m thickness line (1000mb-500mb) will not be the rain/snow line this time around, but the 1300m (1000mb-850mb) thickness line will

Im ready to abandon my wife for a few days..Its the middle of the month. Shes more moody than the GFS.

:lol:

Rooting on the Euro solution obviously for MBY, but also partly because I want to see the reaction of the local people here who think that winter is over. And a lot of them do. :devilsmiley:

I agree. Someone said something to me today to effect of they're glad winter's over. I said, "Psssstttt.....It's still February." I hope it dumps a cement mixer load across our area.

Rooting on the Euro solution obviously for MBY, but also partly because I want to see the reaction of the local people here who think that winter is over. And a lot of them do. :devilsmiley:

:lol:

I agree. Someone said something to me today to effect of they're glad winter's over. I said, "Psssstttt.....It's still February." I hope it dumps a cement mixer load across our area.

lol, I love the idea of spite snow.

I can sense you're slowly getting more invested in a possible snow storm. Guess you don't have much of a choice since chances of severe weather are getting flushed down like turds in the Chicago River.

Don't really have a choice I guess...

I would still rather have another shot at 60F on Monday, but if I can get another 4.8" to bag another 50" season, we might as well get that out of the way now instead of in March.

A couple of poster made a mention on how the Dec 19th 2008 storm and this storm mirror each other. You guys are correct and on to something..

I was thinking the exact same thing, but I was going to refrain from mentioning it since everyone hates analogs so much.

That one BTW trended southward versus northward.

It did show up once at the CIPS for the 120hr 12z GFS (number 7).

http://www.eas.slu.e...fhr=120&flg=new

I was thinking the exact same thing, but I was going to refrain from mentioning it since everyone hates analogs so much.

That one BTW trended southward versus northward

It did show up once at the CIPS for the 120hr 12z GFS (number 7).

http://www.eas.slu.e...fhr=120&flg=new

Very nice link. Nice that you can see what the teleconnections were exactly. Is there analogs for every 6 hour or 12 hour interval for each gfs run? Or just an analog for each system.

without all the models swings this hobby would be as boring as being regulated to only missionary position sex.

With the Euro going all suppressed for up here now I don't have a bit of a clue what to even think... Don't even have a gut feeling... Sooo going to try my best and actually sleep with the wife tonight and not the euro and couch... Wish me luck :arrowhead:

almost spit up my drink reading this lol

that clown map on the GFS is showing a nasty sharp southern gradient....fwiw.

I'm just about into full winter storm mode, probably a few more runs of showing the storm. probably till I see the 12z NAM tomorrow.

Lol Repiratory taking his trolling over to Mike Caplan's FB..

RG: "Mike with highs in the 30's and low snow ratios I wouldn't get to excited at all, what 8 to maybe 10:1 ratio snow? No biggie plus the sun angle will cut down on accumulations. Still hoping for the NW trend. Anyhow near 60 tommorow, that should quiet the freezinistas up some thank god."

Mike: "with some models spitting out QPF values in excess of an inch... even at 8:1 you have to take notice."

are you sure thats him?

Lol Repiratory taking his trolling over to Mike Caplan's FB..

RG: "Mike with highs in the 30's and low snow ratios I wouldn't get to excited at all, what 8 to maybe 10:1 ratio snow? No biggie plus the sun angle will cut down on accumulations. Still hoping for the NW trend. Anyhow near 60 tommorow, that should quiet the freezinistas up some thank god."

Mike: "with some models spitting out QPF values in excess of an inch... even at 8:1 you have to take notice."

Some people are really something...

Archived