• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
GL/MW/OV December 2010 disco thread

snowstormcanuck

Im definitely loving the potential with the December 4th - 5th storm. Looks like the good east to west snow event for someone (Chicago to Detroit or Indianapolis to Columbus?). :snowman:

?It's definitely the best rheat we've had this entire season.

Which means lets wait til Nov 30th before we make a thread so we don't curse it :)

Btw isnt it funny how systems find some way to avoid us, the system on euro decides to slide southeast after the 192h map...

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which means lets wait til Nov 30th before we make a thread so we don't curse it :)

Btw isnt it funny how systems find some way to avoid us, the system on euro decides to slide southeast after the 192h map...

Did you see the 0z/26 EURO depiction of that storm? I don't have access to QPF maps but it looked like a hum dinger. 12z kinda sucky, but terrible run to run continuity so we'll see something different at 0z/27.

Well the good news is that I don't really have anything to support it. Just sorta wondering out loud. The pattern looks to be below average more often than not at least through the first 10 days of the month which is a good starting point.

That kind of immense W Atlantic blocking that the GFS is showing I'd think would be more commensurate with a strong -NAO signal (ie ridging over Greenland blocking low pressure over the Canadian Maritimes/W Atlantic). Yet, CPC ensemble forecasts continue to have the NAO rising close to neutral over the next two weeks. So I'm going to guess the GFS is probably overdoing it. In fact, it's tough to forecast, but I think storms cutting to our N/W is going to remain more of a problem then suppression through the first full week of December, regardless of what the models are showing now. Just a hunch.

No winter cancel..but it looks very quiet around here..

2010112600_054@007_E1_north@america_I_NAEFS@TEMPERATURE_anomaly@probability@combined@week2_198.png

814temp.new.gif

814prcp.new.gif

If we can keep sunshine and stay snow free...temps shouldn't stay too far below normal....if at all.

This was also from CPC hazard outlook today.

MODEL AGREEMENT ON ANOTHER LOW-PRESSURE CENTER DEVELOPING ACROSS THE CENTRAL HIGH PLAINS IS REMARKABLY HIGH FOR LATE NEXT WEEK. THE DIFFERENCES IN THE INTENSITY OF THE LOW-PRESSURE SYSTEM LIMIT THE POTENTIAL FOR IDENTIFYING SPECIFIC HAZARDS AT THIS TIME. THE MOST LIKELY HAZARDS ARE UPSLOPE PRECIPITATION ALONG THE FRONT RANGE OF THE ROCKIES DURING DECEMBER 3-4 AND FROZEN PRECIPITATION FROM CENTRAL GREAT PLAINS TO THE UPPER GREAT LAKES.

Well if the GFS is going to be wrong to start the month it surely is going to be consistently wrong with its projections. 12z run has a believable pattern for early month, oh and I believe I'm winning the lotto tonight too.

If it is correct we would be looking at our first shovelable snowfall 1 week from today :)

Well if the GFS is going to be wrong to start the month it surely is going to be consistently wrong with its projections. 12z run has a believable pattern for early month, oh and I believe I'm winning the lotto tonight too.

Euro looks like the GFS now I believe. Haven't really looked at it that closely.

Archived