amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
GL/MW/OV December 2010 disco thread

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the block in the Atlantic isnt as strong there is a potential of a strong system about 10 days out, energy dumping in from the northern stream and a low ejecting out of Texas, with cold air in place. Obviously its 10 days out so take it for what its worth, but something to watch.

If the block in the Atlantic isnt as strong there is a potential of a strong system about 10 days out, energy dumping in from the northern stream and a low ejecting out of Texas, with cold air in place. Obviously its 10 days out so take it for what its worth, but something to watch.

Looks interesting for down this way. The GFS has been taking it on a SE track though. Last night it had snow over Florida I believe, tonight.. Georgia.

Looks interesting for down this way. The GFS has been taking it on a SE track though. Last night it had snow over Florida I believe, tonight.. Georgia.

Its laughable how these models are, first the ridge is too strong in the SE now, according to the GFS we will be saying what ridge... I would bet my house it won't be as south as its showing now.

A met at IWX is buying into that:

EXTREMELY COLD AIR LOOKS TO FOLLOW AS ERN NOAM/WRN ATL

BLOCK DVLPS FURTHER AND REFLECTED IN 7-10 DY NAO FCSTS WHICH GO TO

STRONGLY NEGATIVE.

Yeah I saw that, personally I'd wait to see how things play out a bit before going all in. The models only started to show the cold in the last day or so, and GFS isn't that cold.

Archived