e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb. 4th - 5th Snow Event

Powerball

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How long until dtx issues advisories for the eastern counties? I'll go with when there is already 1-2 on the ground. BTW humidities are already in to 80 percentile so dry air may not be a problem.

WJBK said "most" of the moisture will stay south and east of the area. Then proceeded to show the radar and it look like were going to take the brunt of the storm! There calling 1-3" south of Detroit. HMMMMM

IND stands pat with their amounts. New zones just issued. :whistle:

TIPPECANOE-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...LAFAYETTE

855 AM EST SAT FEB 5 2011

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS

EVENING...

.REST OF TODAY...SNOW LIKELY...THEN SLIGHT CHANCE OF SNOW EARLY

IN THE EVENING. NEW SNOW ACCUMULATION AROUND 1 INCH. TOTAL SNOW

ACCUMULATION 1 TO 2 INCHES. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 20S. WEST WINDS UP

TO 10 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 70 PERCENT.

IND stands pat with their amounts. New zones just issued. :whistle:

TIPPECANOE-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...LAFAYETTE

855 AM EST SAT FEB 5 2011

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS

EVENING...

.REST OF TODAY...SNOW LIKELY...THEN SLIGHT CHANCE OF SNOW EARLY

IN THE EVENING. NEW SNOW ACCUMULATION AROUND 1 INCH. TOTAL SNOW

ACCUMULATION 1 TO 2 INCHES. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 20S. WEST WINDS UP

TO 10 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 70 PERCENT.

Yeah, I think you'll get a little more than that.. Ripping pretty good here.

Definitely a little makeup for earlier this week, but really wanted to work on attempting to reduce my glacier a bit though..

Literally can't believe the new IND zones. I'm convinced we are watching two different storms.

In comparing the AFD and WWA, they had noted in 1 statement more heavier snow, 2-4 around/S of I-70, but in this newest 1 they have abandoned that and are now saying "isolated 5" amounts in the NE zones." Interesting....

Yeah, I think you'll get a little more than that.. Ripping pretty good here.

Definitely a little makeup for earlier this week, but really wanted to work on attempting to reduce my glacier a bit though..

I like my 3-5" call. And yes snowing very well here right now. Champaign still +SN and they had chance pops in their zone overnight.

Snowing very hard here right now. 1/4 mile and huge dendrites. Hardly any wind and huge flakes is my favorite kind of snow. I'm not working today and wondering why our office hasn't pulled the trigger on an advisory for 3-5".

I was just getting ready to post the same thing. They did put out SWS for the SE part of the area, but it was obvious last night that we are in for 3"-4".

Maybe if the RGEM is gung-ho, but I'm thinking that they'll raise amounts when this thing is halfway over. Or maybe they're putting more emphasis on the dry air in place eating away at our accums. We'll see.

They actually have a Special weather statement saying 5-10cm for SW ontario and in the trenton area and only 5cm for the GTA

BTW what time does the RGEM come out

Archived