mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Feb. 4th - 5th Snow Event

Powerball

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow depth is a very packed 11" now (water content 1.5"), so by this evening should be seeing best snow depth since January 1999 if we get the lastest amounts the models spit out! Could be approaching 15-18" by this evening!

I couldnt tell you what kind of snow-icepack we have here, I cant get a damn ruler down through the ice. Atleast a 3-5 inch shield of solid ice.

Snowing very hard here right now. 1/4 mile and huge dendrites. Hardly any wind and huge flakes is my favorite kind of snow. I'm not working today and wondering why our office hasn't pulled the trigger on an advisory for 3-5".

Call it in. :thumbsup:

Mod-heavy here right now. Very nice dendrites.

DTX is banking on the dry air north of 94. We will see. This thing is a slow mover so once banding sets up who knows. This just puts into perspective how useless it is to look at the models for next weeks potential storm. Not saying that storm will have drastic changes like this one but ya never know.

Snowing very hard here right now. 1/4 mile and huge dendrites. Hardly any wind and huge flakes is my favorite kind of snow. I'm not working today and wondering why our office hasn't pulled the trigger on an advisory for 3-5".

You and me both, I am very surprised IWX and DTX didn't pull the trigger, especially with the snow amounts they have been getting upstream and the satellite/radar/model depictions.

DTX stated that dendritic growth was good. So Im thinking we may REALLY see some bust high amounts. They went a conservative 2-4" but if its true about dendritic growth, then say you get 15-1 ratios, then 0.40" qpf yields 6" of snow!

The ratio is definately 15-1 or more. It is the most light and fluffy snow I've seen in a long time. And it's falling vertically with no wind so it just piles up in neat heaps. The NWS is way behind the curve on this for our area. Even the short term forecast issued at 7am is saying trace/1-inch amounts.

For anyone who is curious I'm actually in Perry County, Missouri not Cape Girardeau proper. I'm 30 miles to the north of Cape.

Archived