• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NWS shows Sleet possible western Burbs

midatlanticweather

Tonight...Cloudy. Rain likely with a chance of sleet after midnight. Lows in the mid 30s. Northeast winds around 5 mph... Becoming southeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Thanksgiving Day...Cloudy. Rain likely with a chance of sleet in the morning...Then a chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 40s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC 206 PM EST WED NOV 24 2010 MDZ003-004-501-502-VAZ028-503-504-WVZ050>053-055-501>506-250315- /O.NEW.KLWX.WW.Y.0020.101125T0600Z-101125T1600Z/ WASHINGTON-FREDERICK MD-EXTREME WESTERN ALLEGANY- CENTRAL AND EASTERN ALLEGANY-FREDERICK VA-WESTERN HIGHLAND- EASTERN HIGHLAND-HAMPSHIRE-MORGAN-BERKELEY-JEFFERSON-HARDY- WESTERN GRANT-EASTERN GRANT-WESTERN MINERAL-EASTERN MINERAL- WESTERN PENDLETON-EASTERN PENDLETON- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...HAGERSTOWN...FREDERICK...FROSTBURG... CUMBERLAND...WINCHESTER...HIGHTOWN...MONTEREY...MARTINSBURG... CHARLES TOWN...MOOREFIELD...BAYARD...MOUNT STORM...PETERSBURG... ELK GARDEN...KEYSER...FORT ASHBY...CIRCLEVILLE...FRANKLIN 206 PM EST WED NOV 24 2010 ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 11 AM EST THURSDAY... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 11 AM EST THURSDAY. * PRECIPITATION TYPE: PREDOMINANTLY RAIN...WITH POCKETS OF FREEZING RAIN OCCURRING AFTER MIDNIGHT THROUGH EARLY THANKSGIVING MORNING. ALSO...SOME SLEET WILL MIX IN AS WELL AT THE ONSET OF PRECIPITATION. * ACCUMULATIONS: GLAZE ACCUMULATIONS OF LESS THAN ONE-TENTH INCH. * TIMING: BEGINNING AFTER MIDNIGHT TONIGHT AND ENDING MID MORNING THANKSGIVING DAY. * TEMPERATURES: UPPER 20S TO LOWER 30S OVERNIGHT...WARMING ABOVE FREEZING BY 11 AM THANKSGIVING DAY. * WINDS: SOUTHEAST AT 5-10 MPH...WITH HIGHER GUSTS ALONG THE RIDGE LINE. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW...SLEET...OR FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING. && $$ LEE

:lol:

Tonight...Cloudy. Rain likely with a chance of sleet after midnight. Lows in the mid 30s. Northeast winds around 5 mph... Becoming southeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Thanksgiving Day...Cloudy. Rain likely with a chance of sleet in the morning...Then a chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 40s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent

please update your profile, and add your location, or put in the exact counties in the forecast you posted. we have no clue where you are located.

I think... we're hitting the wet bulb.. and its having a real affect above us. This is from the SERF- ETA 2 (the closest to what is happening) of IAD from BUFKIT. Instead of the red line, the precip is making it down to the surface and now were more closer to the blue line (wet bulb temp), what a difference a few degrees can make. Evaporational cooling FTW.

bufkitprofile.png

Confirmed Sleet at my house in Severna Park ( 7 miles north of Annapolis)!

Sleet was at my house (Clarksburg, MD) at 3am with a surface temp of 36F. Lasted around 30 minutes and was loud enough to wake me up. I was too lazy to see if there was any on the ground when it changed over tho...

Archived