Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part VII

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will, i don't know if you heard scott comment on the shot of some possible light snow accums tonite....but do you think more freezing drizzle or sn- rolls thru here over the next 12 hours.

nexrad radar looks pretty tame but there are spots of weenie precip...was wondering if there is any reason to think this would increase in coverage.

Been snowing here in Marblehead for about 2.5 hours now with an easterly fetch... Down to 22 now... Nothing is showing on radar... Enough to cover the ice after our flash freeze... From the looks of it, we might be able to pick up and inch or so later tonight

this winter's climo FTW

my guess is that this would be pretty similar to the EURO's depiction

I'm on board, just keep the fooking 1000-500 mb 540 thickness south of me

This late in the winter the 540 line is not at all that critical. Partial thicknesses for 1000-850, 1000-700, and 850-700 are more accurate for determine snow vs mix/rain line anyway.

Airport totals for the whole event (pending any weenie snow that falls later this evening):

BOS: 10.2"

ORH: 12.2"

BDL: 9.4"

PVD: 6.0"??? (didn't see their total but Warwick reported 6" and they had 4.9" yesterday at the airport)

The first round ended up being the main show.

Will, i don't know if you heard scott comment on the shot of some possible light snow accums tonite....but do you think more freezing drizzle or sn- rolls thru here over the next 12 hours.

nexrad radar looks pretty tame but there are spots of weenie precip...was wondering if there is any reason to think this would increase in coverage.

It's not a lock, that's why I mentioned some areas may only see flurries. It's ULL stuff, so it may be disorganized in radar. Maybe a patchy light snow in places. As the ULL moves in, it's possible some -sn may develop, but it doesn't impress me at all right now and the chance increase towards NH.

Thanks Jerry! First groundhog day I can remember an actual storm during all of my birthdays.

I have not been too plugged in today, but that clown map caught my eyes. Do we REALLY have a shot at another 6-10" on Saturday? This winter is unreal. '95-'96 is my yardstick and yet this ones seems worse than that winter. One thing I do remember about that winter -- a moderate dumping during the first week of April. I seem to recall us getting a storm around April 5/6 if mind serves me right.

Happy Birthday Jason! More to come...keep on celebrating snow.

Thanks Jerry! First groundhog day I can remember an actual storm during all of my birthdays.

I have not been too plugged in today, but that clown map caught my eyes. Do we REALLY have a shot at another 6-10" on Saturday? This winter is unreal. '95-'96 is my yardstick and yet this ones seems worse than that winter. One thing I do remember about that winter -- a moderate dumping during the first week of April. I seem to recall us getting a storm around April 5/6 if mind serves me right.

Happy Birthday Jason! More to come...keep on celebrating snow.

NAM is snow for all of interior CT..This one is gonna be wet though..so elevation will help

The mid levels are marginal for a time, so I'm not sure it will help a ton. Verbatim it's an isothernal snowbomb for me, but I probably mix for a time based on soundings. But, it could mean the difference between 33 and 31F too, so it will help some. Latitude again may help.

That's a cool feature racing east in NY state. Maybe that is something to watch.

Hey Scooter, what did you guys end up with? Spent the day pouring calcium flakes down gutters and cranking up the saw, lots of white pine damage from the ice, especially just north of I95. I was going to ask you if there was any chance we get some fluff from the ULL tonight?

Take it easy man.

That's a cool feature racing east in NY state. Maybe that is something to watch.

I was having an e-mail exchange half an hour ago with one of my coworkers who lives outside of Oneonta. She had said things had stopped. She then e-mailed me and said she spoke too soon and that it was pouring sleet. Guess it's from that.

Hey Scooter, what did you guys end up with? Spent the day pouring calcium flakes down gutters and cranking up the saw, lots of white pine damage from the ice, especially just north of I95. I was going to ask you if there was any chance we get some fluff from the ULL tonight?

Take it easy man.

Post some pics of the damage

Post some pics of the damage

We have no damage here at the beach, but John (weatherX) has a lot of white pine damage near him, was working on east main street between rte 1 and rte 15, some sparatic power outages there with tree damage. Also by my father on West Norwalk rd, in Norwalk some white pine damage, but nothing severe, another tenth would have been a different story. White Pine was the only tree damage that I saw.

Take it easy man.

10.4" total.

I wouldn't expect much down your way. Maybe a coating if your lucky?

Archived