• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
PHL CWA Feb 1-2 Storm OBS and Discussion part 2

famartin

When I left the house in the Bear area this morning at 6:15 the car was just wet and the temp was about 33°. There was some glazing in places on the sidewalk.

When I arrived in New Castle at 6:45 cars that had been sitting all night in the parking lot were glazed with ice, but the roadway appeared just wet.

Moderate rain was falling during my entire drive. It was hard to see the road, there was so much liquid.

34°

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temps as of 7AM and 1-hour change

SWF 19 -2

MGJ 21 +1

FWN 22 +2

12N 24 -1

MPO 27 +1

HPN 28 0

CDW 29 +1

UKT 30 +2

TEB 30 +1

NYC 30 +1

AVP 30 0

MMU 30 ?

SMQ 31 0

ABE 31 0

LGA 32 +1

NXX 32 +1

MUI 32 +1

XLL 32 0

FRG 33 +2

PNE 33 +1

EWR 33 +1

LOM 33 +1

LNS 33 0

TTN 33 0

WRI 33 0

RDG 34 +1

VAY 34 +1

ILG 34 +1

PTW 34 +1

JFK 34 +2

PHL 34 +1

BLM 34 0

NEL 34 0

APG 36 +2

W29 36 +2

MJX 37 +1

DOV 41 +3

ESN 41 +2

MIV 42 +4

ACY 43 0

WWD 45 +4

GED 46 +3

Have about 0.3" ice in the snowboard in Somerset (Somerset Co). Sitting right around 32 now. Lots of branches down and I lost a small tree in the back (it was a matter of time...it grew out leaning to the side!).

Well, I guess that means my mom's measurement of 0.2" ice is legit.. she was having a tough time measuring, and given that a half inch of liquid fell I wasn't sure if I should believe it... but I guess that's all she wrote.

Freezing rain and 30.9 here. If this would have been all freezing rain overnight instead of mostly sleet, it would have been a real disaster, as just from what we're getting now, the power lines are getting encased.

cabin temp shows 27.9F

view webcam shows a window iced over (low heat in the room when we are gone)

front cam I can see the glazing in the trees.....does not look like much precip is falling currently and the radar shows it is over.....beyond minor showers or flurries.

I can see the trees moving in the wind.....if the ice was an issue the ground would be covered with debris and I see nothing but snow and sleet.

WHEW!

33.3 here. I was woken up around 4:00 by the sound of branches falling in the woods around my house. Fortunately, nothing serious. As others have said, this could have been a lot worse. Also, winds have been very light, another plus.

Hopefully this is our once-in-every-10-year-or-so ice storm and were done until 2021.

Power has been off in my house since a bit before 9:00 AM - so I am posting from my phone. Hoping it comes back on soon.

Currently, temp is 33 degrees in Spring Mount PA with no precip falling.

Not good news. Temps. are holding steady around 33 too, so the ice really isn't melting much. If the winds happen to pick up, more outages could be a problem.

Archived