• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November 2010

FoothillsNC

Well, let it be noted that the Euro is now trending in the direction of the GFS idea regarding the handling of that energy on the Pacific coast late next week. Duly noted. This is what I posted about on the other forum yesterday morning.

both build a strong Greenland block late, a very strong looking one. At first it looks like the Southeast will endure a near-torch with some ridging for a while, while the flow adjusts, but eventually we'll cool down too.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i posted a note on FB because I think theres about 4 of my friends there who still don't know about Eastern's shutdown. Maybe if everyone else did that it would make the transition quicker, but i (speaking as an addict) sure all the others will find this place.

Thankfully since almost everyone is connected most will get the memo but we don't have a presence on the search engines which will make it tough to find.

i posted a note on FB because I think theres about 4 of my friends there who still don't know about Eastern's shutdown. Maybe if everyone else did that it would make the transition quicker, but i (speaking as an addict) sure all the others will find this place.

:lol: I'm glad to hear I'm in such good company, as an addict myself, I find it comforting to be around others that are inflicted with the same issues. Hopefully everyone will find their way here :huh:

At least the GFS didn't let me down, has the standard 372-384 decent snow event for me. Which will of course probably change into a nothing event.

I did note that Knoxville's record high for today occured in 1989, of course by Mid-December 1989 some of the most bone chilling weather in my lifetime had gripped the SE. We had a high temp of 2 degrees with a low of -14 shortly before Christmas 1989.

I wouldn't have known. Thanks for that!! :thumbsup:

It was hard to keep my eyes focused on the road coming back to Charlotte from Monroe via Highway 84 today due to the beautiful fall colors in the late afternoon light. My niece said the same thing about her drive from Chapel Hill to Weddington. It's amazing how some trees have literally changed overnight.

Leaves are at full peak here today, Up north around the VA border the leaves are definately past peak.

Completely gone here other than a few stray dead ones , particularly on the Oaks. Peak was mid October.

0Z Canadian is really cold for late next week. At 144hr it shows -6C 850s from GSP-ATL-MGM with the core of the cold still west of the area (-10C 850s down to Memphis). It's obviously an outlier but it's interesting nonetheless.

36 here with a moderate frost on the lawn.

GFS is heading that way as well it looks like :thumbsup:

Dumb questions, but since my beloved snake photo is lost with the old board, I need a new one. I got one downloaded, but can't make it appear. Suggestions? thanks!

Hey Rev it needs to be 90x90 then go up to your name in the top right corner of this page go to My Settings...then under Your Options select Profile then on the right hand side you will see an option for Change Avatar. Just click that and upload. If you need it resized just post it here and I can resize it for you.

Hey Rev it needs to be 90x90 then go up to your name in the top right corner of this page go to My Settings...then under Your Options select Profile then on the right hand side you will see an option for Change Avatar. Just click that and upload. If you need it resized just post it here and I can resize it for you.

Huzzah! Many thanks!

As others have noted, the fall colors have really come alive during the last few days. I took a late walk last night and it looked much more colorful. So, it looks like a good peak may have been delayed rather than denied. I will be checking it out more fully today to get a better idea.

Archived