-
Posts
40,467 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Everything posted by Stebo
-
2024 Short/Medium Range Severe Weather Discussion
Stebo replied to Chicago Storm's topic in Lakes/Ohio Valley
Nice yeah we came up here for the chance of tors and waited out the storm across the bay. I thought for sure we were skunked then the storm got close to shore and spun up. -
2024 Short/Medium Range Severe Weather Discussion
Stebo replied to Chicago Storm's topic in Lakes/Ohio Valley
I was up here We waited until it came across the bay and as soon as it got close it spun up. They got so lucky in Port Austin. It was about a mile and a half off shore and about a 1/4 mile wide. It was a legit tornado over water. -
Clouds are pretty thick this morning, might not make it to 90 without some hep. Currently 78.
-
This was a nice banking of a bunch of 90s early, will have a big number this year.
-
Today is the one day of the stretch that is at risk of not hitting 90, I know they have 89 tomorrow but I think height rises will cap off storms tomorrow. If we do hit 90 today we could have a nice run at 90+.
-
Notice that he hasn't said anything where they have been above 3 day in a row and will be 6 of the next 7.
-
We have been 89ed so far here at work.
-
You mean that poorly sited PWS that's surrounded by trees
-
Toledo was much more clear and were almost 100 yesterday.
-
Clouds did in places to the north and west. We got to 86 and stayed there most of the day except for a half hour where the skies cleared and we shot up to 90.
-
I'm sure there will be an advisory in the next few days down there. Today doesn't need one though.
-
City hit 97 at like 6:30 lol. I imagine if we hadn't had rain and clouds in the morning we would have been near 100.
-
Easily the brightest website I use.
-
The storm is getting the look of about to produce again. Inflows are increasing and the hook is getting well defined again
- 1,696 replies
-
- 5
-
-
- severe
- thunderstorms
- (and 5 more)
-
Classic stovepipe tornado
- 1,696 replies
-
- 5
-
-
- severe
- thunderstorms
- (and 5 more)
-
Wow impressive tornado.
- 1,696 replies
-
- severe
- thunderstorms
- (and 5 more)
-
Fox 5 had it live
- 1,696 replies
-
- 2
-
-
- severe
- thunderstorms
- (and 5 more)
-
This was back near Poolesville earlier.
- 1,696 replies
-
- 9
-
-
- severe
- thunderstorms
- (and 5 more)
-
The velocity is lagging but the CC says it's moving right toward the city.
- 1,696 replies
-
- severe
- thunderstorms
- (and 5 more)
-
It cycled east and grew the meso in size. This tornado is bigger than the one near Poolesville.
- 1,696 replies
-
- 3
-
-
- severe
- thunderstorms
- (and 5 more)
-
It's 100% down and heading right for Gaithersburg
- 1,696 replies
-
- severe
- thunderstorms
- (and 5 more)
-
Ended up being a bit out of position on this one but I briefly saw the EF4 looking north toward Brooks as it was a smaller stovepipe, then the rain wrapped around and shrouded the tornado, plus it was moving away from me at that point. It didn't dawn on me until the track map came out though and I correlated with my location at the time I called DMX reporting the tornado.
-
Always happens, I have come back to a day of severe weather twice too.
-
Will do, I am expecting to be in KS by Sunday and then who knows how it evolves from there.
-
Leave for my chasecation tomorrow, things looking pretty solid for the medium and long range in the plains and midwest. Pretty excited.
