Jump to content

Terpeast

Meteorologist
  • Posts

    6,780
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Terpeast

  1. Seeing outflow boundaries from the south and NE, hoping they collide over mby to give me much needed rains
  2. After a high of 97 with dews around 70, its now 94/75. Seeing convection starting around here. Gross out
  3. Looks like its trying to put out a canonical nino pattern. I think it will be warmer than its saying given all this ocean warmth, but may be not by much. It will be interesting to see if the strength of this el nino will be enough to break the -pdo/-enso background state. 2023-24 nino tried to, but it wasn’t enough.
  4. 102.4 for the high imby… and now getting the full split.
  5. Higher high at 102 than yesterday, but peak HI a bit lower at 114
  6. 101.5 again today. Still a bit of time to beat that before convection begins.
  7. Just hit 100 again, 4 days in a row imby. Ashburn
  8. 98 already at 11 am, running ahead of yesterday. Some high clouds out to the west and SW, which may cut heating short early if that gets here. Dews a bit lower than yesterday.
  9. My pws recorded a 124 HI at the peak. My knee jerk reaction was “no way” because I don’t even live near the water, but after seeing many other obs recording extreme HI values, I started to think its legit. Usually when we break 100, we’d have some mixing to get our dews into the 60s, but they stayed in the 70s and we broke 100 anyway (except IAD)
  10. Mby highs: 7/1 - 100 7/2 - 101 7/3 - 102 (101.5 rounded up)
  11. 101.5 high so far. Unless mby makes another late push, that'll probably be it. Current heat index 115
  12. After racing to 99 by noon, it settled a bit with partly cloudy skies. Some clouds will slow the temperature rise, but I still think we'll hit 100-102 in most spots.
  13. Yeah, I'm a bit surprised that IAD has been running 2-3 degrees cooler than surrounding obs.
  14. I’m seeing 104-106 on the high end from pws sites just to the west and SW of DCA
  15. Plenty of time. I didn't reach 100 until around 5 pm yesterday
  16. I’ve been seeing dews over 80 out here that way in eastern Loudoun. I’m skeptical, but many other pws show the same. Maybe it’s more or less correct? If so, wow…
  17. Just hit 99, 3.6 degrees ahead of yesterday same time.
×
×
  • Create New...