12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 20th-22nd Major Winter Storm Part II

andyhb

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm reading on another board that the low looks to be heading into Southern Kansas, not remaining in Oklahoma, like most of the guidance suggests. If so, this is starting off a tad north than the models have shown.

The pressure low is in the OK panhandle, the wind field circulation is in KS. Overall it is where it is supposed to be based on most model progs.

believable given our position right in the warm tongue..just hoping for an hour or two of decent snow but it looks like the defo will blossom 30-50 miles NW. Should still see a period of wind whipped low end mod snow though.

Verbatim it's 5 or so hours of at least mod snow for ORD.

Low on the RGEM goes over Kenosha, before filling and then drifting to the ESE.

Low passes right over my house on the NAM. Still pulling for it to cross over GYY.

The GFS is so warm for us. It would give 2" of snow tops, even at 00z Friday, the 850-surface 0C isotherm hasn't cleared to the shore. Many short term models are more bullish with the rain/snow line being further SE. I don't know which to believe.

The GFS is so warm for us. It would give 2" of snow tops, even at 00z Friday, the 850-surface 0C isotherm hasn't cleared to the shore. Many short term models are more bullish with the rain/snow line being further SE. I don't know which to believe.

Higher res/short term models are probably the key to picking out the fine details now. We're under 24 hours from the start now.

Archived