• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
let's track some storms today

earthlight

That's the 1st storm of the day for that part of Queens. Before, the storm missed to the east of there.

Yes, but that doesnt change the fact that they keep missing us :P

So the new storm is to the west of the last one but will pass to the east of the last one? I'm confused because if it's starting out further west why wouldn't it track further west?

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

62 mph wind gust in westhampton...goes to show, by mid summer, long island can get walloped too

HAS ISSUED A * SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR... SUFFOLK COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST NEW YORK...

* UNTIL 930 PM EDT...

* AT 827 PM EDT... NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A LINE OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THESE STORMS WERE LOCATED ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM PECONIC TO 6 MILES SOUTH OF WESTHAMPTON... OR ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM SOUTHOLD TO 6 MILES SOUTH OF WESTHAMPTON... AND MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 20 MPH.

* OTHER LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO NOYACK... SHINNECOCK HILLS... SAG HARBOR... SOUTHAMPTON... BRIDGEHAMPTON AND EAST HAMPTON

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

DAMAGING WINDS UP TO 62 MPH WERE REPORTED IN WESTHAMPTON BEACH WITH THIS STORM. THIS IS A DANGEROUS STORM... SEEK SAFE SHELTER AND STAY AWAY FROM WINDOWS!

A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1000 PM MONDAY EVENING FOR SOUTHEAST NEW YORK.

Co-worker confirms hail at my job in Bayside with this last cell. At my house, not a drop. :(

Here in Whitestone by the Throgs Neck bridge the hail was up to nickel size and a bit bigger. My mom in Bayside aldo confirmed hail. The ground started to get white but it started winding down and the melting commenced. Not before I grabbed a handful and stuffed them in my freezer though :)

Here in Whitestone by the Throgs Neck bridge the hail was up to nickel size and a bit bigger. My mom in Bayside aldo confirmed hail. The ground started to get white but it started winding down and the melting commenced. Not before I grabbed a handful and stuffed them in my freezer though :)

Some car damage reported there.

0736 PM HAIL BAYSIDE 40.79N 73.77W08/01/2011 M2.75 INCH QUEENS NY PUBLIC BASEBALL SIZE HAIL. CAR DAMAGE

Some car damage reported there.

0736 PM HAIL BAYSIDE 40.79N 73.77W08/01/2011 M2.75 INCH QUEENS NY PUBLIC BASEBALL SIZE HAIL. CAR DAMAGE

Wow I guess I missed the best hail (better off as I don't want to deal with car damage.)

I am not complaining one bit that my area missed these storms today.My friend in New Hyde Park had his new 2011 Nissan windows smashed and the body dented with hundreds of pockmarks,damage to his roof and glass awning.

Similar scenes from Floral Park:

Ok, went to vist my parents in New Hyde Park this evening. Douglaston had some hail as well but nothing like what fell in New Hyde Park

Lots of cars with broken windows plus dings and even nice size dents to hoods and roofs of cars....

Also pics of the ice chunks my mom had put in the freezer....some melting did occur as it was still pouring but she grabbed what she could. Kudos Mom....

img7445q.jpg

img7463q.jpg

img7471i.jpg

img7469nu.jpg

Archived