joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/4 - 3/5 Post-Frontal Snow Chance

Capt. Adam

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Model agreement is likely because this is one of the more straightforward events of the year. Cold air comes through and the system taps right into it. No phasing, no dynamic cooling, no tricky mid level warmth. Only real question is does the wave get here before the front pushes too far south, or less likely, get here too soon resulting in a loss of frozen precip.

GGEM/rgem failed miserably for many areas on the last Storm, I think a blend would be the best for now.. Nyc South looks good for a solid hit

I'm not talking local area accumulation specifics. I'm speaking more to sniffing out storm type/placement in the mid range and then watching all of the other models trend towards it as it gets closer. Has happened for each of our last few storm systems and now is happening again with this one. 

I'm not talking local area accumulation specifics. I'm speaking more to sniffing out storm type/placement in the mid range and then watching all of the other models trend towards it as it gets closer. Has happened for each of our last few storm systems and now is happening again with this one.

I respectfully disagree but this isn't the thread to have that discussion, maybe another time

If everything goes well this could actually be the biggest storm of the entire season. There's so much moisture packed into this and it has a massive feed from the gulf. The slower and more amped up it is the better even if we have to wait a bit longer for the changeover and like someone said it reminds me of a 93-94 type of system. 

And we should avoid that dumb warm layer that's been screwing people over lately. 

The trend all Winter has been to screw Northern NJ so why stop now?

All signs currently point to a Central/South NJ to LI special, why not have the last sig snow event of this season be like 90% of the rest of this season (at least the LI part). Different set ups and reasons but generally the same results, less W/NW more E/NE/S of NYC.  Broken record for last 3+ years.   Thinking parts of E LI must be nearing the 80" mark.

Archived