joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm doing a bit of playing around with quality settings to settle on something that balances quality vs file size that works for me.  Since this was the first attempt I cranked it down quite a bit.  The file is just 325MB.

25,585,752 bytes (325.6 MB on disk)

H.264, AAC

For that type of compression I would have to see it to believe it. I've worked with a lot of high end cameras shooting in raw 4k and you're usually looking at around 1-2gb per 1-2 minutes of content. As you said your camera isn't outputting raw 4k, I just have a hard time buying it doesn't suffer dramatically on the end vs. a raw format. when watching in 4k. 

For that type of compression I would have to see it to believe it. I've worked with a lot of high end cameras shooting in raw 4k and you're usually looking at around 1-2gb per 1-2 minutes of content. As you said your camera isn't outputting raw 4k, I just have a hard time buying it doesn't suffer dramatically on the end vs. a raw format. when watching in 4k.

Here are the 4k specs from the camera.

4K Video, 3840 x 2160 pixels, 25p (4K: 100Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 25fps) (AAC).

Not RAW but a major step up in quality from 1080. For consumer purposes a pretty good balance between size and quality. Most of us are not filming a major motion picture.

Sitting here at Carter Finley stadium waiting for the inevitable beat down and there is a cool halo around the sun. I think that's the first time I've ever seen that. I'll post a crappy pic later.

Ye' of little faith? lol Wolfpack don't look phased by FSU in the first quarter, much to my dismay...  Were there cirrus clouds above? A lot of times the cirrus clouds will create the ring.  Depending on how thick the cirrus clouds are, translates to the magnification of the halo.  Pretty cool, looking forward to seeing the pic.

Lol you told me to change to peppermint patty.

Welcome to the PP fan club (not to be confused with the other great Peanuts character, PP)! There can't be too many PP's as she is an awesomely content character. In greatness, PP is 2nd only to the big guy, CB. Besides, I may be vacating my PP costume soon depending on when the moles finally arrive here. They are expecting an ice cream eating lizard to greet them. PP doesn't exactly look like a lizard. They'd absolutely freak out if they saw me in my PP costume, they'd forgo the liquor filled motel room, they'd immediately get back into the girl filled limo, they'd return the keys to Savannah, they'd get to the train ASAP, and then they'd return to Tony. Part of the problem is that they have an intense fear of cartoons. It completely overrides their strong desire for ice cream, sand dunes, and liquor.

Ye' of little faith? lol Wolfpack don't look phased by FSU in the first quarter, much to my dismay...  Were there cirrus clouds above? A lot of times the cirrus clouds will create the ring.  Depending on how thick the cirrus clouds are, translates to the magnification of the halo.  Pretty cool, looking forward to seeing the pic.

Yep, sort of a haphazard deck of cirrostratus. Very patchy, but at that time, they were in the perfect place.

Archived