• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2014 Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

If it wasn't for weenies, this would be a pretty boring place. It's great to read a good scientific discussion on here, but if that's all that was allowed, you would have far less activity.

Agreed sometimes the humor and playful jabbing does give this place a warm and welcome feeling and not feeling like your in a lab with huge vocabulary thrown around. I mean we are here to discuss the weather when it happens seriously but bantering is pretty fun at times. Example: you and allsnow going at each other every chance you two get, forky calling for your permanent banishment from americanwx :lol: all in fun and games my friend ;)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it wasn't for weenies, this would be a pretty boring place. It's great to read a good scientific discussion on here, but if that's all that was allowed, you would have far less activity.

You're right that New England thread is just devoid of any intellectual debate and meteorological discussions. sometimes I go up there in the dead of winter and just canvas all the dead space Because you know It's so boring.

Julian thanks. I hope we meet. I am putting u in a triangle.

You're right that New England thread is just devoid of any intellectual debate and meteorological discussions. sometimes I go up there in the dead of winter and just canvas all the dead space Because you know It's so boring.

Julian thanks. I hope we meet. I am putting u in triangle.

They have plenty of nonsense up there as well. The only difference is that they are better at keeping the banter in the banter threads.

To save my fellow posters valuable time, I'll respond on their behalf.

REDMK6GLI: "that definitely looks interesting john ;):lol:;):lol: but we should wait to see what happens. We'll know more tomorrow, and more the day after that, and even more the day after that. We should definitely know more by next week."

IsentropicLift: "Wow. I'm not saying that member bears any similarity to January '96, but if you look at the way the isobars encircle the low just like January '96, we could see a storm just like January '96 if that model is right."

TonyLovesSnow: "We will get 4.23 inches, if you dont believe me your an idiot."

PB GFI: <insert secret weatherbell snow map for that frame, only available to personal friends of JB and those willing to sacrifice their firstborn>

Snow88: "Looks like a nor'easter."

Highzenberg: "FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW MUCH THAT SHOWS FOR PHILADELPHIA. But I don't really care. But seriously, HOW MUCH?"

Perfect!!!!!

Julian thanks. I hope we meet. I am putting u in a triangle.

Lol man. Don't take it personally. I like your posts.

REDMK6GLI: "that definitely looks interesting john ;):lol:;):lol: but we should wait to see what happens. We'll know more tomorrow, and more the day after that, and even more the day after that. We should definitely know more by next week."

IsentropicLift: "Wow. I'm not saying that member bears any similarity to January '96, but if you look at the way the isobars encircle the low just like January '96, we could see a storm just like January '96 if that model is right."

PB GFI: <insert secret weatherbell snow map for that frame, only available to personal friends of JB and those willing to sacrifice their firstborn>

Highzenberg: "FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW MUCH THAT SHOWS FOR PHILADELPHIA. But I don't really care. But seriously, HOW MUCH?"

Winning

PB GFI:

rofl that was great Julian. By the way I just saw the GFS 18z it looks better than 12z but we really need more of that precipitation to move northwest. From eye balling it, it still looks like a good 1-3 inches. Onto the 0z runs

May need a few more smileys for red jetta boy lol.. Instant classic!

Looks good man , love the matte red with the gold. I just got a 2014 scion tc , not sure what mods I should do to it yet

If you ever want to talk to a shop my shop is in copaigue on LI and has done everything on my GLI, they also do JDM and domestics as well. Highly recommend talking to them or atleast giving them a call, only ones i trust touching my car. Have a few friends with Tc's but mods for these cars widely vary depending on what exactly you want. PM me if you want more information

If you ever want to talk to a shop my shop is in copaigue on LI and has done everything on my GLI, they also do JDM and domestics as well. Highly recommend talking to them or atleast giving them a call, only ones i trust touching my car. Have a few friends with Tc's but mods for these cars widely vary depending on what exactly you want. PM me if you want more information

Thanks I'll definitely message you if I decide to do something

You need to chill now. Not every run is going to show a favorable solution. Are you new to weather? I advise you to make better posts because you don't want to get 5 posted or even banned. I have been 5 posted 3 times in the past.

Well said. I've been 5 posted before as well. I've toned it down bigtime lol.....Best things to do are to try to retain tidbits of info you get from others and to read the posts from the mets on here. MANY great posters lurk on these boards, which we're all lucky to have. Also, I recommend Paul Kocin's Northeast Snowstorm books http://www.amazon.com/Northeast-Snowstorms-Volume-Set/dp/1878220640

Lots of winter weather information in there. Can be read straight through or used as a reference. I'm not very knowledgeable at all when it comes to most weather subjects and/or forecasting, but I'm proud to say that in the past several years, I've come a long way in understanding different terms, trends, and systems of weather. It has all allowed me to track the storms in a new light. At first glance, it may seem that storms are HIT or MISS, however there are so many things that alter the potential storms. Models are forecasting TOOLS, not FORECASTS. Look at them as such. They change, often. A developing storm can shock in a good way or bad. However, so much goes into each one and their potential and it all makes it so much more fun to follow

Archived