joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Obs

mackerel_sky

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rain!!! And temp dropped to 77. Not the first clap of thunder! Very weird rain this spring and summer , as cr has stated , I believe. If you look at radar it looks like a line of storms!?

Lol if you look at radar closely, your area really got screwed. Also look to the S, those areas are going to get some big totals.

Sunny at 96/105.

Yeah, the GSP forecast discussions as of late, this weekend , for example, have been talking about alot of rain, wet weekend, etc, only to back off on a daily basis and come up with reasons the forecast failed! One thing that has been used alot the past month has been: NW/W flow will cause drying in the upstate ! Boy , they nailed that one!!

82 and super-muggy!

I think the models are mostly useless in the summer. The best thing for GSP to do is put a 20% chance in everyday and wait for radar trends before raising or lowering pops. Simply ignore the models, especially the CAMS.

Lol if you look at radar closely, your area really got screwed. Also look to the S, those areas are going to get some big totals.

Sunny at 96/105.

I picked up .47 so far, but that is a win in my book! The complex stalled and is dissipating now, but I'm still getting light rain! Probly biggest single rain event in 2 months! Lol! Winning!

I picked up .47 so far, but that is a win in my book! The complex stalled and is dissipating now, but I'm still getting light rain! Probly biggest single rain event in 2 months! Lol! Winning!

I don't think I got the .47" yesterday.  Maybe, about 1/2 that.  Watched it dissipate from 30-50 miles south upward before giving up.

Grateful for the rain we got overnight.

<Watching robust returns to the west now.  Hard to miss this?

I just wonder to what degree local ground moisture affects these evening events?   

Archived