joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring 2014 Banter Thread

jm1220

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's fun to call out Forky when he is wrong because he takes pride in mocking those that he feels are inferior, which is about 90% of posters in this forum.

Yea it is actually. Of course he's still right 100X more than say JB would be, but it's fun to poke at his self superiority. The double fail with the snow and the temp calls makes this an extra bonus. 

I think its mind numbing that you think I'm the one with 10 year old behavior, disregarding some other posters on here who take that approach with every post they make towards others.

This is going over your head isn't it?  I'm talking about your response to those posters.

Tropical? We don't live in Florida.

NYC has four months (nearly five) where the average temperature meets/surpasses the tropical threshold (18°C). It doesn't mean it's tropical, but a sizable chunk of the year (May-Sept) is tropical-like, in a way.

May can still be pretty cool. It doesn't really start cooking until the second half of the month and even then coastal areas often struggle still with water temperatures as cold as the upper 40s or low 50s.

Things really switch around or just after Memorial Day and then the heat and humidity usually lock in until mid September most years. Cooler days in between those months almost always relies on onshore flow and cloudy, rainy weather.

2009 was quite the anomaly though for a good chunk of summer, not often you see low 70s for highs in July with nearly full sun.

Archived