• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

haha awesome... we are just leaving the jake and neverland pirates behind. The euro is beautiful - I realize this is only falling a few days before december, but I would somehow feel better if the calendar said December instead of November. Obviously going against climo is the new norm, but something doesn't feel right about this one. Either we shouldn't be talking about a serious coastal snowstorm in November, or we shouldn't be talking about a possible miss to the south and east. Most likely I'm just another weenie - I don't know enough to be truly excited or truly skeptical.

Yeah. Looking at and studying everything I see a BM storm and we get fringed with a few more powdery inches.

Not the worst outcome but that's where my thoughts are... Think this has a better chance to escape more East than tuck in.

I'm cool with pleasant surprised though...

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Euro is still hitting the storm hard tomorrow 12z then ill start biting. Other than that its business as usual for me

The 00Z GFS is starting to come around to the euros thoughts from 12z today. I agree with you, after tomorrows 12z runs we will have a better idea and see if we can "pull the trigger" on the snowier outcome.

Yeah. Looking at and studying everything I see a BM storm and we get fringed with a few more powdery inches.

Not the worst outcome but that's where my thoughts are... Think this has a better chance to escape more East than tuck in.

I'm cool with pleasant surprised though...

One thing I have noticed early on this season is the absence of the tight precip gradient & the abundance of coastals already. May have to do with the ENSO & active southern stream.. I mean look at the tropical connection of this potential bomb on the euro. It has a nice moisture fetch all the way to Central America. Haven't seen much of that the last few yrs.

Guest Patrick

Looks like the interior might actually clean up with this one... Probably north and west of me... But I'm hoping for you guys!

Guest Patrick

strongly agree.  i got fried at another board for discussing how rational the mt. holly forecast looks for the area....life's just a little too short to get worked up.... haha

Man, some people are fired up this morning. Why do people take the weather so personally? What's gonna happen is gonna happen.

Albany's account of the 00z Euro is rather tasty:

THE ECMWF HAS CONTINUES TO MAINTAIN ITS TRACK AND INTENSITY AS IT LIFTS A COASTAL
LOW (MILLER TYPE A) ACROSS THE EASTERN TIP OF LONG ISLAND. THE ECMWF
ALSO HAS EXTREME FGEN AT H7 WHICH OSCILLATES ACRS FA AS WE GO
FORWARD IN TIME FROM 12Z WED THROUGH 12Z THURSDAY. IT HAS THE LOW
GETTING CAPTURED BY THE UPPER TROUGH THUS KEEPING THE LOW HUGGING
THE COAST AS IT MOVES NORTHEAST FROM THE EASTERN TIP OF LONG ISLAND
AT 06Z THURSDAY TO DOWNEAST MAINE BY 12Z THURSDAY.

Congrats on what currently looks like your first big snow of the season julian! Its november so its early for me but regardless nice to see a beautiful Miller A this early in the season

Thanks, but there's no way I'm locking it in yet. I'm still leaning toward an easterly solution, despite the Euro's perseverance. We'll see what happens ( ;) ) but the coastal hugger solution just seems too precarious for me to bank on atm.

Everyone wants the setup that is going to give them the most snow. Unless you are dealing with an historic storm, there will be winners and there will be losers. It's crazy to think that we actually root against a particular area getting snow.

Its not that we root for other areas not to get snow its that what we need will usually end or limit the snow potential for the coast & vice versa for the coast to the interior. 

I live 65 miles NW of the coast... I say bring on the coastal huggers!

Its not that we root for other areas not to get snow its that what we need will usually end or limit the snow potential for the coast & vice versa for the coast to the interior. 

yeah, as I said yesterday, I'd love for everyone to cash in. There's nothing like coming inside from an epic jebwalk and seeing absolute euphoria across the forums from DC to Halifax... unfortunately, it doesn't usually work like that, lol.

Agree. I don't see how discussing a track that jackpots this area is rooting one way or the other but it seems some of the folks closer to the coast see it that way. None of us have any control over it anyway. And I'll also add that I'm not spiking any footballs yet and I believe that when you do get to the endzone you act like you've been there before and plan on being back there again.

yeah, as I said yesterday, I'd love for everyone to cash in. There's nothing like coming inside from an epic jebwalk and seeing absolute euphoria across the forums from DC to Halifax... unfortunately, it doesn't usually work like that, lol.

Your ideal track of 40/73 looks to be a reality for this upcoming storm. Would be nice if we can lock in this track for the winter

Archived