12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 24th-26th potential winter storm part 2

Hoosier

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody know about any site besides PSU that has access to the GFS individual ensemble members? PSU is fine for 6z, 12z, and 18z because the members come out roughly half an hour after the OP run has finished. For whatever reason though at 0z they don't update til about 4 in the morning.

I think accuwx pro does but im not sure what time it updates.

Does anybody know about any site besides PSU that has access to the GFS individual ensemble members? PSU is fine for 6z, 12z, and 18z because the members come out roughly half an hour after the OP run has finished. For whatever reason though at 0z they don't update til about 4 in the morning.

i just got ewall psu as well.

now i have a question...any news on the uk?

I believe Raleighwx does but I'm not sure when it updates.

Maybe this will be another January 2009 again. Talk about a model mess. I think Indianapolis went from 0 inches of snow to 13 in the blink of a eye lol. Maybe eastern/central Ohio will be the big winners this time.

That storm was dead in the water here as close as 60-72 hours out. Ended up with about 5" but much more not far away.

Maybe this will be another January 2009 again. Talk about a model mess. I think Indianapolis went from 0 inches of snow to 13 in the blink of a eye lol. Maybe eastern/central Ohio will be the big winners this time.

the way that precip shield is being depicted i'd say it'll either be something like that or a whiff

Never seen anything like it. Closest to the infamous January 2000 east coast model mess I remember in the midwest. I think the 12z Euro had a weak wave going up the east coast in the 48-72hr timeframe, next run, it had a 1004 low over eastern Kentucky, eventually to a 999 low over north central Kentucky........wow. Same storm that crippled Kentucky with a ice storm.

how did ohio fare?

I think Ohio got into some of the ice, further north, it snowed. 6-12 inches in west central Ohio. I remember hearing 4-8 around Central Ohio with some sleet. Can't remember much more frankly lol.

yea it's crazy...i usually remember snowstorms pretty well....drawing a total blank other than recalling beau's posts about the icestorm.

I remember something from i think the late 1990's when i was watching a weather report out of cincy, for those around here it was Rich Apuzzo, and he always goes into detail of what models were showing. A storm was supposed to stay way south and the night before he said one model was showing 10 inches for cincy while the others showed nothing. Well the one model was right. Never said which it was but it goes to show even 24 hours out things can change.

I remember something from i think the late 1990's when i was watching a weather report out of cincy, for those around here it was Rich Apuzzo, and he always goes into detail of what models were showing. A storm was supposed to stay way south and the night before he said one model was showing 10 inches for cincy while the others showed nothing. Well the one model was right. Never said which it was but it goes to show even 24 hours out things can change.

The 90's had some awful model busts (at least I'm attributing it to the models). One time I remember being forecasted for 6-12" the day before and I wound up with nothing as it went farther south. You don't see THAT very often nowadays.

Archived