• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January 24th-26th potential winter storm part 2

Hoosier

lol, it's amazing how the UKIE over the last 4 runs has consistently looked great at 72 and consistently ends up fizzling. Strengthens my belief that the GGEM is out to lunch.

yep, the ukie actually looks as though it would be dangerously west for us then all of a sudden goes east. That's the whole difference in the modelling right there. I read in another thread that the longer it takes for this to develop the more likely it goes north as it has more time to allow the n. stream to become involved.

if it's just a matter of how north this potentially can come before it goes more east..... then to me that doesn't seem like such a far fetched thing to hope for.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep, the ukie actually looks as though it would be dangerously west for us then all of a sudden goes east. That's the whole difference in the modelling right there. I read in another thread that the longer it takes for this to develop the more likely it goes north as it has more time to allow the n. stream to become involved.

if it's just a matter of how north this potentially can come before it goes more east..... then to me that doesn't seem like such a far fetched thing to hope for.

looking at the models, i would agree with this part....the faster solutions over the past several days all seem to head off the coast, with not enough time for height building along the east coast.

with the GEM west, you cant possibly throw in the flag , can you?

lol

actually it's not so much the ''west' part that i care about, it's the north part. Plenty of models start this thing pretty far west....it's just that most of them shunt it east at the TN valley. JMA....probably would also make a right, but havent seen 84 yet

diff between h5 ggem and euro at 72

in a nutshell, the euro isn't as deep with the 5h energy But at 72 hours out i'm not willing to bring bertha to the mic over that yet. She gets a stay still 00z now lol

buckeye, I always like your optimism, but are we not running out of time? Aren't we getting to a point where the main players are on the field and the data sampling should be better? I'm just not sure how many more shifts we can expect.

buckeye, I always like your optimism, but are we not running out of time? Aren't we getting to a point where the main players are on the field and the data sampling should be better? I'm just not sure how many more shifts we can expect.

of course we are running out of time.... models are in pretty good agreement around the 48-60 hr frame with a slp developing along the gulf coast...after that 72 plus is where there's some disagreement and that's why i'm willing to keep hope alive for another 12 hours or so. Why not right? It's not like there's anything else to track on it's heels.

see you guys for the 18z lol

the northern kicker piece of energy wont be onshore until 6z tomorrow morning

time is short, but things can change still at this range

and why are fat ladies always called Bertha??

also, if i lived in IL then yes...it's probably over. But right now i'm about 75 miles nw of that comma head at 84 hours. Hard to close the books on it just yet.

As far as your question about sampling data etc....that's a met question. I thought i read in another thread a couple days ago that it wouldn't all be on shore fully sampled until mon 00z or something....but again i don't know.

of course we are running out of time.... models are in pretty good agreement around the 48-60 hr frame with a slp developing along the gulf coast...after that 72 plus is where there's some disagreement and that's why i'm willing to keep hope alive for another 12 hours or so. Why not right? It's not like there's anything else to track on it's heels.

see you guys for the 18z lol

Remember when you called nation wide torch after the last system down there. Keep hope alive! Its been a great super thread/s even if it fails.. I Imagine a lot of learning was down by many.

Archived