• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January 24th-26th potential winter storm part 2

Hoosier

As far as your question about sampling data etc....that's a met question. I thought i read in another thread a couple days ago that it wouldn't all be on shore fully sampled until mon 00z or something....but again i don't know.

State College PA NWS just updated their dicussion and I believe it answers my question

AS THE MAIN PLAYERS LEADING TO THE DEVELOPMENT AND INTENSIFICATION OF SAID

STORM ARE BETTER INITIALIZED OVER WESTERN NORTH AMERICA IN THE

NEXT 24 TO 36 HOURS...MODEL SOLUTIONS SHOULD COME INTO BETTER

AGREEMENT AND FOCUS.

They went on to say the following:

THE EVENTUAL SOLUTIONS WILL BE STRONGLY DEPENDENT UPON HOW STRONGLY

UPPER LEVEL WAVES DIG THROUGH THE PLAINS TODAY THROUGH MONDAY...

AND THE INTENSITY OF GULF COAST AND SOUTHEASTERN CONVECTION

PUNCHING UP AN OFFSHORE WESTERN ATLANTIC RIDGE. MODELS ARE

NOTORIOUSLY POOR IN HANDLING THE STRENGTH OF SUCH WAVES AS THEY

RIDE OVER WESTERN NORTH AMERICAN RIDGES...AND WITH A POSITIVE PNA

PATTERN I DO EXPECT A GENERAL WESTWARD ADJUSTMENT TO THE TRACK OF

DETERMINISTIC AND GEFS MEAN MSL SOLUTIONS OVER THE NEXT 24 TO 36

HOURS. THIS WILL LIKELY INTRODUCE SOME PRECIPITATION TYPE ISSUES

FOR PARTS OF MY AREA...NAMELY THE SOUTHEAST...AND WILL NEED TO BE

ADDRESSED ONCE A MORE CONFIDENT SOLUTION IS IN HAND. STAY TUNED.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah SREFS have shifted into ohio now with measurable.....appears to be a theme developing

need that conflunece over my head to lessen up here to allow it come further north before scooting east. of course we've been waiting for that to happen for 2+ years now.

wonder if this set up is a good candidate for a double barrel low or at least a stronger reflection west?

spreading it a bit nw at 15z

There is now a few euro ensemble members showing a true spine runner up to say VA at which point they are more on the east side of the apps. Also the .25 line has been brought back to your backyard. The .50 line runs along the OH/WV line and clips the southern most county in OH and covers a good portion of SE.KY back into all of TN except the far nw. Further north it goes to near Pittsburgh on up to Ithaca, NY!

There is now a few euro ensemble members showing a true spine runner up to say VA at which point they are more on the east side of the apps. Also the .25 line has been brought back to your backyard. The .50 line runs along the OH/WV line and clips the southern most county in OH and covers a good portion of SE.KY back into all of TN except the far nw. Further north it goes to near Pittsburgh on up to Ithaca, NY!

Sounds a lot better than the op. It barely clips ohio with the .10 line. Hope this is a trend and it rides all the way up the apps.

Sounds a lot better than the op. It barely clips ohio with the .10 line. Hope this is a trend and it rides all the way up the apps.

What?

The 0.10" line runs from about Cleveland down to just east of Cincinnati. The 0.25"+ area is into SE. Ohio and the 0.50" line runs along the OH/WV border.

What would cause it not to ride up the apps in the first place? Wasn't that the Euro's original track a few days ago before all the models started to push it east?

What would cause that is this kicker of sorts the models have been a little back and forth with coming down out of Canada.

What would cause that is this kicker of sorts the models have been a little back and forth with coming down out of Canada.

Thanks,wouldn't the power of this storm would be able to break through that energy? It seems like the models have wanted to start by bringing it up the apps until it starts to move east. I suppose exact timing of all these pieces moving into place will be a factor.

Just total garbage...looks like another different solution.

the trough just kinda peters out...

what's weird is i've noticed the nam seems to go in the opposite direction as the sref. For instance yesterday when the nam was going crazy nw...the sref mean was more east. Today, the 15z come out and appear to be stronger with the trough and further nw and the nam takes a progressive dump...lol

edit...that must mean there are some pretty far nw amped members

Archived