Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 24th-26th potential winter storm part 2

Hoosier

starting to look like november 1950 :weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

Oh jeeze.. Sorry but I don't think so Buckeye. I wish!

On the storm's west side, nearly a foot of snow fell on Dayton, Ohio, which combined with the wind and cold temperatures, became their worst blizzard on record. [9] Nearly the entire state was blanketed with 10 inches (25 cm) of snow, with 20-30 inches (50–75 cm) being measured in eastern sections of Ohio. The highest report was 44 inches (110 cm) from Steubenville. [10] Snow drifts were up to 25 feet (7.6 m) deep. Winds exceeded 40 miles per hour (64 km/ h) with gusts as high as 60 miles per hour

Not sure I see that happening lol

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh jeeze.. Sorry but I don't think so Buckeye. I wish!

On the storm's west side, nearly a foot of snow fell on Dayton, Ohio, which combined with the wind and cold temperatures, became their worst blizzard on record. [9] Nearly the entire state was blanketed with 10 inches (25 cm) of snow, with 20-30 inches (50–75 cm) being measured in eastern sections of Ohio. The highest report was 44 inches (110 cm) from Steubenville. [10] Snow drifts were up to 25 feet (7.6 m) deep. Winds exceeded 40 miles per hour (64 km/ h) with gusts as high as 60 miles per hour

Not sure I see that happening lol

thus the weenies....lol

i was referring to the slow wet bomb over the apps

I was noticing that.

Someone between Memphis and Nashville receives 12"+ easy on this run.

I'll give up on weather entirely if that happens.

All rain for Memphis...not even close.

http://68.226.77.253/text/NAM80km/NAM_KMEM.txt

Nashville, at least 95% rain.

http://68.226.77.253/text/NAM80km/NAM_KBNA.txt

It's purely a southern cut-off on the NAM. Cold air be in short supply.

If only the western/west coast ridge was further west. Oh the possibilities... :)

Yep but it is trying which is a bit surprising and thus to be watched especially if the other models go in this direction. Still have that issue i mentioned a page or so back. Thus we also need that little blocker to move just a little bit quicker out of the way. That way this system can do what it is attempting to down in GA back in say N.AL.

All rain for Memphis...not even close.

http://68.226.77.253...km/NAM_KMEM.txt

Nashville, at least 95% rain.

http://68.226.77.253...km/NAM_KBNA.txt

It's purely a southern cut-off on the NAM. Cold air be in short supply.

The thermal profiles are VERY marginal.

Verbatim it's rain, but given the UVV and the ULL overhead it wouldn't take much at all to flip that over to snow, which is what many of the NWS branches down there have been discussing already.

I did exaggerate a bit with the 12"+, but the potential is certainly there for a nice storm.

Yea I know you didn't mean exact, but I had to say something. GFS will be better I say.

if this were 3 or more winters ago...i'd look at that nam map and my mouth would be watering knowing in full confidence those bright blues would be over cmh in the next few runs. This winter it has just as much chance of reversing back east.

but i'm still optimistic

if this were 3 or more winters ago...i'd look at that nam map and my mouth would be watering knowing in full confidence those bright blues would be over cmh in the next few runs. This winter it has just as much chance of reversing back east.

but i'm still optimistic

Yea last storm NAM showed a full phase lol.. Interesting to see what the other models do. Should be getting sampled on shore now though..

The thermal profiles are VERY marginal.

Verbatim it's rain, but given the UVV and the ULL overhead it wouldn't take much at all to flip that over to snow, which is what many of the NWS branches down have been discussing already.

Very marginal? C'mon, MEM is sitting at +2.4C at 950 at 66 hours. Looks at the wetbulb heights. Sure the column is cooling, dynamically, but it's 75% rain before a switchover to snow. Hardly a 12"+ storm for them. Lower levels are scorching when the precip begins. This all via the NAM though. As usual we tread with an extreme amount of caution. ;)

Very marginal? C'mon, MEM is sitting at +2.4C at 950 at 66 hours. Looks at the wetbulb heights. Sure the column is cooling, dynamically, but it's 75% rain before a switchover to snow. Hardly a 12"+ storm for them. Lower levels are scorching when the precip begins.

See my edit to the post.

but i'm still optimistic

Nah, you'd be worrying about rain...and Hoosier and I would be already sweating p-type concerns. NW trend, why have thou deserted us?

Archived