• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Pattern Changing: Early December threats?

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the lakes cutter around Nov 30-Dec 1, I think we'll be in an okay pattern for snow. It doesn't look amazing, but it has some potential. Esp if the EC ensembles from last night are correct with their "newer" idea of trying to rebuild the -NAO a bit to the west as a newer dump of arctic cold comes into Canada.

After the lakes cutter around Nov 30-Dec 1, I think we'll be in an okay pattern for snow. It doesn't look amazing, but it has some potential. Esp if the EC ensembles from last night are correct with their "newer" idea of trying to rebuild the -NAO a bit to the west as a newer dump of arctic cold comes into Canada.

will what time do the 12z ensembles come out ...would be nice for consistency.....like 5'ish?

You can see the seasonal change that is occurring very well. Climo getting better every day, I like our chances. Perhaps because I remember so well the torch looks to the pattern on previous Tday weeks. The entire over hyped arctic invasion 89 style was silly.

You can see the seasonal change that is occurring very well. Climo getting better every day, I like our chances. Perhaps because I remember so well the torch looks to the pattern on previous Tday weeks. The entire over hyped arctic invasion 89 style was silly.

Congratulations. We are moving towards winter in late November. News flash!

I'd venture to say that I still would hold the torch card for 12/5 as well, but things will come around eventually, if we can hold this pattern. It's just way too early right now to figure anything out, and climo also says it's very early. laugh.gif

I'd venture to say that I still would hold the torch card for 12/5 as well, but things will come around eventually, if we can hold this pattern. It's just way too early right now to figure anything out, and climo also says it's very early. laugh.gif

Exactly my point but socks missed it. Looking forward to the late night banter while we are ripping snow and NYC area within 15 miles is drizzle and dry slotted. Climo in La Nina says so.

Exactly my point but socks missed it. Looking forward to the late night banter while we are ripping snow and NYC area within 15 miles is drizzle and dry slotted. Climo in La Nina says so.

I agree that this -NAO/-PNA pattern would become more favorable for you guys later in the winter due to climo.

I think both you and I are going to finish the winter below average in snowfall. I'll probably have a greater deficit but you still won't be thrilled.

I agree that this -NAO/-PNA pattern would become more favorable for you guys later in the winter due to climo.

I think both you and I are going to finish the winter below average in snowfall. I'll probably have a greater deficit but you still won't be thrilled.

I was thrilled with my two inch storm , I will be thrilled with the next one and the one after that. My expectations are very low. One day at a time. Last Dec 19 th was heaven to me and the very cold windy days that followed. That made my winter special, you see that's all I ask for, one great storm. I can easily head north anytime I want to get to areas that have huge climo norms. Having said that you have presented some good ideas, keep digging though because you might have missed one thing. You might be thrilled by April, check back with me then, until then good luck.

Yeah it looks like heights are higher in the GOA but a little lower over the west. Not sure if it means that much, but I'd rather see nw flow paralleling the Pacific coast, than a firehouse aiming at the coast.

One thing that encourages me is that the ensembles just sort of shifted into this pattern all of the sudden last night and we are seeing it again today in a slightly stronger form. The switch was inside D10 too, so its not like its horrifically far out.

That gives me confidence that they may have caught onto something. Sort of similar to a couple days when they all of the sudden started showing the warmer period at D8-9 (at the time). Now we see this current shift happening at the D9 period.

I certainly don't mind having DT on our side while he's in one of his hot streaks. He's en fuego right now (medium-long range) like he was in the first half of 2008-2009 winter. I told him how this lack of NAO block was frustrating me and he said something like "patience, you guys will get it up there...not like here".

Sure was frustrating to see the models evaporate the retrograding Greenland block idea so fast in the last 2 days, but what can you do. Where is DT posting these day by the way? Still over at stormvista or whatever?

One thing that encourages me is that the ensembles just sort of shifted into this pattern all of the sudden last night and we are seeing it again today in a slightly stronger form. The switch was inside D10 too, so its not like its horrifically far out.

That gives me confidence that they may have caught onto something. Sort of similar to a couple days when they all of the sudden started showing the warmer period at D8-9 (at the time). Now we see this current shift happening at the D9 period.

I also like how the Davis Strait block shows no signs of leaving. That's encouraging to see as we go out in time.

Archived