• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The January 25/26 Storm (Part 2)

Wow

It it is 50 miles to the west while we are in rain (just a scenario), then I am on a roadtrip to a hotel or something to see it play out. Anyone in? I coudl not sit here with something so awesome right on my doorstep. :lightning:

I'll travel as well if I'm on the rainy side of things. With a miller A low like this someone is going to sit watching rain all day while 10 miles away probably gets pounded with snow. That line is oh so fine in situations like this. Hopefully, for all of us, the models stay in somewhat good agreement until this storm arrives instead of the usual lose it period where we jump off the cliff. I really don't feel like cliff diving this weekend so I'll just stay too drunk to read this board or models and see what we have on Monday.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I take that back about it looking like the 00z @102 the low has transferred to the coast of SC leaving light snow across almost all of NC and sfc temps look border line.

500mb was different. Check that out first!

That won't be resolved until we're within 72 at most.

this GFS run is much further north and east with the 5H system, so without the digging, the Southeast doesn't get a big storm. There are several s/w behind it. We have to get the 5H to dig much further west, like the NAM is doing or else this would favor miller B and a Midatlantic storm. The temps are cold though

I'm not seeing a Miller B. I'm seeing a miller A that seems to merge with another LP in the NE that is coming through the midwest, kind of like our last storm around here, you know, barely any snow and a little zr..

Looks to me like the low in the Plains runs into the wedge from the high/confluence in the NE and transfers to the coast. I'm not discouraged by this, though, as it will change a bunch.

Looks to me like the low in the Plains runs into the wedge from the high/confluence in the NE and transfers to the coast. I'm not discouraged by this, though, as it will change a bunch.

Yeah, I see exactly what you're saying. We still have a low coming from the gulf, but clearly the low in the plains transfers to the coast and rocks the I-95ers.

Archived