• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC/PHL Cold Outbreak Disco/OBS

earthlight

You're inexperienced with extreme radiational cooling. Forget the west, when I lived in State College I once drove two blocks and saw the temperature dive 6 degrees. Another 2 blocks and it was back to where I started.

The barrens - 4 miles west of state college - can be 30 degrees colder than downtown

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're inexperienced with extreme radiational cooling. Forget the west, when I lived in State College I once drove two blocks and saw the temperature dive 6 degrees. Another 2 blocks and it was back to where I started.

Wow, I guess it's possible then.

Also just thought I'd point out that the temperature at the Somerset airport jumped 21 degrees (from -6 to +15) in one hour (from 8 AM to 9 AM)!

I'm sure you've gotten lower than -10F...Central Park has been down to -15F so I'm sure the all-time records in the suburbs are around -20F/-25F.

Yeah the all time record low for my area of Monmouth County was -20F in Feb 1934. But for January, the all time record is -14F.

Tomorrow morning's record low is 1F setin 1963, I think we'll break it. I'm at 19F now but winds are still NNW 1-2MPH. ONce they decouple, strong HP and deep, fresh snowpack will do its dirty work.

Archived