Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan 20-22 Mid-Atlantic OBS thread

Ellinwood

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looking at current obs i doubt there will be rain till you're a good deal south of d.c. and there might not be any precip there anyway. tho i have not looked at soundings and i know wes was talking about a warm layer at some point.

No i know i was just teasing it is 35 where i am and once it starts precipitating with the low dewpoints it will be below freezing. Now sticking is a different issue, unless it comes down moderately it is not going to stick.

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php

Radar indicates a band developing over West Virginia State at 8pm. It is NOT weakening. Some precip is also dynamically forming out ahead of it over parts of Virginia.

Those of you in Maryland take heart.

I am still well above freezing so I expect a period of rainfall before changeover to snow sometime around 3am. Those of you near or below freezing already up in Maryland and extreme northern VA will probably eke out several inches of snow from this by dawn.

I've got a 74 Les Paul I bought new

trust me, I remember the 80's too well

How does that Les Paul sound? I bet it can squeal out some sweet blues. I have a black SG I bought in the 70's which I still play all of the time. Well, back to weather: it is 33 in Damascus. I think I'll go jam on some blues.

How does that Les Paul sound? I bet it can squeal out some sweet blues. I have a black SG I bought in the 70's which I still play all of the time. Well, back to weather: it is 33 in Damascus. I think I'll go jam on some blues.

she's nice

all original with a couple of "love dings"

its a LP Deluxe with the mini humbu8ckers and a rare color that makes it worth a few more bucks

I don't play it much any more because I want to save the frets; Gibson did what they could to save money in the 70's and used some cheap fret wire that wears out and I don't want to do that

plus, I've got more than a few more in the "stable" I can play

EDIT: I love SG's. I got one in 97 and still love that fat neck

How could I have forgotten to mention I am definitely a blues based player; just like to shred the blues as often as I can (can't get Glen Burnie out of my blood!)

she's nice

all original with a couple of "love dings"

its a LP Deluxe with the mini humbu8ckers and a rare color that makes it worth a few more bucks

I don't play it much any more because I want to save the frets; Gibson did what they could to save money in the 70's and used some cheap fret wire that wears out and I don't want to do that

plus, I've got more than a few more in the "stable" I can play

Wow, it sounds like a nice ax. My frets are pretty worn on my SG. They would be worse, but I didn't play it for about 10 years because of a bad pick up. I played a strat and a Yamaha Sbg 2000 for a long time. I finally replaced the pickup so I could play a lighter guitar. I fell back in love with the tone when I played through my Fender Hot Rod Deville.

Weather update: still 33 in upper moco

EDIT: I love SG's. I got one in 97 and still love that fat neck

How could I have forgotten to mention I am definitely a blues based player; just like to shred the blues as often as I can (can't get Glen Burnie out of my blood!)

Crap... I just typed a long reply and it didn't post. I love playing the blues, although Damscus isn't much of a blues town lol. Your Les Paul sounds awesome. The frets on my SG are definitely getting worn. I didn't play it for about 15 years because of a bad pickup. I finally fixed because my strat is just too heavy (weight) I fell back in love with the tone of the SG when I heard it for the first time through my fender hot rod deville.

Weather update: 33 in upper moco

Crap... I just typed a long reply and it didn't post. I love playing the blues, although Damscus isn't much of a blues town lol. Your Les Paul sounds awesome. The frets on my SG are definitely getting worn. I didn't play it for about 15 years because of a bad pickup. I finally fixed because my strat is just too heavy (weight) I fell back in love with the tone of the SG when I heard it for the first time through my fender hot rod deville.

Weather update: 33 in upper moco

actually, you accidentally typed it into the body of the quoted portion of my post

its OK, we're all getting old :P

Archived