• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
PHL JAN 20/21 Obs and Discussion Thread

tombo82685

I still have no freaking clue why everybody is so worried. THE RADAR WAS SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE THIS! The low is doing exactly what it was modeled to do, and precip is a little ahead of schedule here. Calm down, it's like this suddenly changed to a 2" widespread event for everybody when, in reality, the NWS forecast seems almost perfect right now.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The color scale I use only spits out echoes greater than 15 dBZ, since usually anything less than that isn't hitting the ground. Usually. Not always, apparently.

Ah. Yeah, not the greatest idea. A lot of times low level snow showers/flurries will only show up as the very light echoes.

The problem that could occur is as the storm transfers to the coast, there could be a gap in precip in eastern PA/NJ.

I think Ray alluded to this last night. Don't know where the exact post is, but he said he had a bit of concern of a dry slot setting up somewhere in Eastern PA.

East Nantmeal Twp

Cloudy

RH 78%

Wind E at 4mph

Radar beginning to develop in NE MD and begining to move NE....Wxsim forecasting around 3" of snow here in NW Chesco and that certainly looks on track. Snow should begin here toward midnight with heaviest snow toward 3am and all over by 8am

some very light flakes falling in edison.....i dont understand when u put the mt holly radar in motion it has preciep in that"fill me in zone".....yet the still shows nada

http://radar.weather...id=dix&loop=yes

That's the composite loop. I'm guessing you are looking at the base still. Composite is the max of all levels from 0.5 degrees up, while base is just 0.5 degrees.

Well I'll be. I never thought I'd see the day when I was in the "bullseye" zone on a snow map.

At least on a map that's within 12 hours of an event. This might make up for all of the times the GFS jackpotted you and then it ended up raining.

At least on a map that's within 12 hours of an event. This might make up for all of the times the GFS jackpotted you and then it ended up raining.

More like all the times it jackpotted us and then shafted us with a dusting and 20" east of the Delaware river... I don't think a 5" storm will make up for that though yet.. :P

More like all the times it jackpotted us and then shafted us with a dusting and 20" east of the Delaware river... I don't think a 5" storm will make up for that though yet.. :P

Exactly. Although I can't recall being jackpotted so much as just having a good forecast go down the drain and getting much less then forecasted. Anyway, I measured about 20 minutes ago and had a quarter inch so far.

Archived