Newest Member
    e46ds1x
PHL JAN 20/21 Obs and Discussion Thread

tombo82685

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He saw advisory snow Monday.

I got lucky and was in CT for the holidays and caught the Boxing Day Blizzard. Before that it was about ten years since I saw actual accumulating snowfall.. Work brings me to Allentown now. At least this cold is not wasted while I am here. It would make me more upset that it was near 80 at home today.

Looks like a decent solid event through the Lehigh Valley. What is not to love?

Yup, no one should be worried at this point as nothing of importance was to occur til after 6z. Thereafter, its a 4-6 hour thump of snow where most places pick up 2 or 3 inches. Farther north (north of I-78) you get more overrunning precipitation (the light stuff falling now) so that should give you an additional inch or two on top of the thump of snow after 06z. Still looks like 1-3" SE PA and 3-6" NE PA

No mixing, at least in PA. Has precip moving through so fast, .1" - .2" liquid is all that falls.

oh okay. I saw 925mb temps were okay, but I figured maybe the surface was over 32.

It handled the 1/12 event rather well, so I'm curious to see how it does tonight (and I hope it's wrong, lol)

Wyomissing, PA- Light Snow (via my girlfriend at her job, I'm in Orlando missing my 2nd storm in a row, will end up probably being 3)

edit- advised its pixe dust variety

Bizarre, I just flew into Allentown PA from my home in Orlando. You have my sunshine and 80's while I have your 3-5" of snow :devilsmiley:

We have a dusting of snow at ABE. Snow is slow but steady. So far so good.

Archived