• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
PHL JAN 20/21 Obs and Discussion Thread

tombo82685

yea its mainly phl immediate burbs, the 925mb low tracks right over ahead or just to the north and warms them. Plus other alittle further south would bring greater precip totals and better ratios in.

Agree on being south bringing more precip. The 12z runs increased more for NYC than PHL.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

phl and surronding burbs need the low to go south a hair more. 12Z nam and gfs change them over to rain

PHL gets just a hair above freezing on the NAM... if it was perfect I'd guess it'd barely stay snow. GFS is slightly colder. I don't think the models change them over verbatim, but just south of PHL.

PHL might struggle to get to 3... but 3-6 is still looking good for TTN and NYC ;)

Agreed the nudging trends have been to take the main axis of precipitation a bit further north, away from PHL itself, and slightly warm things up down around the city (and points south and east). Maybe its just a slushy inch or two from Phila. county, south and east, then 2-4 inches north and west of there til about I-78 in eastern PA, and maybe 3-6" north of there for our snow hungry NE PA folks. In NJ, I-195 may divide the 1-2" south from the 3-5" north.

PHL gets just a hair above freezing on the NAM... if it was perfect I'd guess it'd barely stay snow. GFS is slightly colder. I don't think the models change them over verbatim, but just south of PHL.

For this storm for some reason I was not even worried about the rain factor according to most of the weather (NWS,) sites they did not even mention rain. Gotta hope the storm stays further s/e I guess.

its snowing for the whole region at hr 126 except southern del...looks like the low may hug or track about 100 miles off the coast.

huh? Is it a miller B situation? Do you mean it is rain in S. DE or no precip? I think we have a thread for that storm too, may be better posting there.

Archived