joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
PHL JAN 20/21 Obs and Discussion Thread

tombo82685

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh... it is nice and calm in here. I hope it stays that way. :) Does anyone think there is a good shot at widespread single digit temps for lows this weekend?

Yes, on Saturday morning, especially with the radiational cooling help from the snow. PHL has less of a chance, but NXX/PTW/RDG/MQS/MIV/etc should all get there.

Alright. What is the skinny on this? I am booked into Allentown tomorrow and know I will beat the storm but what is the ETA on the snowfall into the Valley? Before midnight or after?

I am pumped that I will be able to give frozen precip obs tomorrow night with you all.

Currently 67 and Mostly Cloudy at my current location:)

Yes, on Saturday morning, especially with the radiational cooling help from the snow. PHL has less of a chance, but NXX/PTW/RDG/MQS/MIV/etc should all get there.

The cold has been almost non stop this winter, but it just has not been extreme cold. To me there is nothing like having snow on the ground, and bitter cold temps.

Buffkit for 18z runs

nam

phl 3.7

pne 4.3

ilg 3.6

miv 3.7

abe 4.2

rdg 4.2

ttn 4.2

acy 3.6

gfs

phl 4.9

pne 4.4

ilg 4.2

miv 4.8

abe 3.9

rdg 4.2

ttn 4.4

acy 1.5

tombo - any chance you could add a location or two from Central/North Jersey? Maybe somewhere like New Brunswick, Morristown, Clinton (not sure if they have to be airport locations - if so, I assume there are some near those spots)? Thanks, in advance - and thanks for your usual, awesome play-by-play in these threads - always look forward to your posts.

its nothing more than an awkward looking cold front on the NAM

funny thing is that posters were killing local tv mets the past few days for calling this event a cold front. Comments were this is a phased big ticket item by the usual talking heads wtf is wrong with these people

Hopefully the GFS comes in with a little more juice

would you rather have sun with a few clouds, temp around freezing?

Not bitching or saying negative things, just a statement. Nothing meant in a bad way from my post. But no i'd like to stick away from the sun and a few clouds type of thing. That we can have any day of the year snow we can only have for a limited time.

Archived