northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
PHL JAN 20/21 Obs and Discussion Thread

tombo82685

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume that explains why the models have been putting those areas in less precip all along.

Actually, it's a pretty recent development...look at this afternoon's 18Z total storm precip over Srn NJ compared to 00Z,- just 6 hours later...

Big difference...especially over me. I was preparing for a 4-5" storm...now looks like maybe an inch or 2.

post-3568-0-37392900-1295580356.gif

post-3568-0-41931500-1295580441.gif

Looks to me like the consensus would be...

2 inches or less.....south of the PA Turnpike and I-195 in Jersey

2-4 inches north of the PA Turnpike to I-78 in PA and north of I-195 to about Rt 80 in NJ.

4-6 inches north of I-78 in PA and north of I-80 in NJ (with probably more spots seeing the lower end of that range).

26 degrees here with light snow falling here for the past half hour. One and a half hours before the scheduled start time of 12am. Began sticking immediatly and already have a dusting on all the surfaces. My location is right on the border of the Mt. Holly and Upton CWA's, although my zip belongs to Mt. Holly.

Right now I have this feeling (which I'm not translating into a forecast update but I'm just putting it out there) that the places seeing snow already will be fine, the places that aren't but are near places getting snow are gonna underperform... i.e., PHL up to NYC...

Right now I have this feeling (which I'm not translating into a forecast update but I'm just putting it out there) that the places seeing snow already will be fine, the places that aren't but are near places getting snow are gonna underperform... i.e., PHL up to NYC...

I'm in Morris County and already have a coating down...and I'm 20 minutes outside NYC

I'm in Morris County and already have a coating down...and I'm 20 minutes outside NYC

I saw Earthight posted the latest RUC maps in the NYC weenie thread. Looks decent for most of NJ going into extreme eastern PA. Smally delay but not denied.

Not really too concerned if it is 2 inches of 5 inches. I expect around 4 inches in Edison when all said and done..maybe around 3.5 inches

Archived