Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
JAN 20th-22nd potential..

NaoPos

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

based on the GGEM setup there's nothing stopping the storm from being an inland runner/coastal hugger as we get closer to the possible

event

Tombo and myself were discussing this the other day when the Euro was showing something more similar to what the GEM is now...the pattern is conduvive to a system possibly tracking close enough for mixing on the coast...due to the arctic high moving eastward out west you won't get a true cutter, but this could be a storm where we have mixing issues at JFK/ISP/BDR, even LGA for a time.

Tombo and myself were discussing this the other day when the Euro was showing something more similar to what the GEM is now...the pattern is conduvive to a system possibly tracking close enough for mixing on the coast...due to the arctic high moving eastward out west you won't get a true cutter, but this could be a storm where we have mixing issues at JFK/ISP/BDR, even LGA for a time.

yea i dont see this cutting, that arcitic airmass is pressing. Coastal hugger as shown i definitely can see or a track over 95, but further west, no unless something changes at h5

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but this is not the same storm as what the Euro shows. The GGEM phases the northern and southern stream compared to the Euro's keeping them seperate. In fact, this is what the Euro would show if both streams phased. The storm on the Euro results from the southern s/w eventually being ejected into the southern stream and climbing up the coast.

The GEFS means lean much more towards the GGEM. However, if the GGEM has a bias of overphasing, its solution should be discounted as its the product of a phased, vamped up storm.

based on the GGEM setup there's nothing stopping the storm from being an inland runner/coastal hugger as we get closer to the possible

event

Strongly disagree with this given the upper level height field. The orientation of the northern stream diving south and east and the strong diffluence that occurs aloft with the ridging off the east coast supports the track the GGEM shows....or maybe even one further offshore if any changes were to occur with the southern stream that phases.

One would need a significant height field change to make this run inland. The northern stream would have to dig a good bit further to the west and alot more.

Also..should be noted although the GGEM shows a bomb..it is nothing like the Euro. It's basically in agreement with the GFS..but just amplifies everything so much more that the surface low bombs out further west. The Euro has a completely different upper air progression.

Archived