12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
JAN 20th-22nd potential..

NaoPos

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My gut instinct tells me that there will be a storm, probably on Friday, and it will be coming from the southern stream as the Euro depicts and now the other models are starting to catch on. Don't the graphs show the EC on top percentage wise?

I guess if you want to get technical ..the UKMET at day 5 is on top the way it looks and then its followed by the GFS/ECM very closely..but what is even more impressive IMHO is how the NOGAPS is up right underneath them..

I am not saying that a storm can not happen ..but at the present time all indications point to this sliding to the south and east and there is not much support for the later system that the ECM was showing...Can this pattern produce? Of course it can..but at the same time it does not mean it has to...

The cold air could be just to suppressive and that could be a reason that this would slip to the south and to the east...

My gut instinct tells me that there will be a storm, probably on Friday, and it will be coming from the southern stream as the Euro depicts and now the other models are starting to catch on. Don't the graphs show the EC on top percentage wise?

The storm the euro is late saturday on.

Rossi

People tend to really over-interpret these correlations, since they are for the entire hemisphere. Assuming that the global models hemispheric forecast correlation tells you something meaningful about the models success at predicting events at a particular place (the I-95 corridor) in a particular situation (active precipitation, which is statisically a rather rare event) when the correlations themsleves are heterogeneous over time is going to lead you to some pretty spurious conclusions. What's the effect on the hemispheric correlation between a storm just inside the benchmark vs 100 miles NE. -0.01? And that's for synoptic events. The 5H correlations mean even less at the meso level. I'm sure there are better validation measures.

Archived