Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 19-21 MW/GL/OV Storm Potential

snowlover2

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the heaviest precip is further south this run! Correct me if I'm wrong Baroc. Nice hit for me, might start out as some rain though.

A tad bit yeah--probably more realistic than the amped 0z NAM. QPF is probably a tad high too, but it has the idea since the GOM will be in play here. NAM verbatim would start as rain then transition quickly to heavy wet snow for that area.

Geez are region is huge! Sorry ukrocks I didn't know exactly where you were and had to do a googlemaps. I don't know where half our region members are--and I am not too familiar with that region of the US.

What did the ecm ensembles show angry? And yea nam went south. 6z Nam looks like the gfs for central ohio now. Nothing major basically. Garden variety 3 - 5" snowfall.. I'm more excited for the 12z runs. It'll be onshore so we should start getting it narrowed down by 12z and the likely track etc by 0z.

What did the ecm ensembles show angry? And yea nam went south. 6z Nam looks like the gfs for central ohio now. Nothing major basically. Garden variety 3 - 5" snowfall.. I'm more excited for the 12z runs. It'll be onshore so we should start getting it narrowed down by 12z and the likely track etc by 0z.

Won't be onshore until tomorrow night and even then maybe partially.

A tad bit yeah--probably more realistic than the amped 0z NAM. QPF is probably a tad high too, but it has the idea since the GOM will be in play here. NAM verbatim would start as rain then transition quickly to heavy wet snow for that area.

Geez are region is huge! Sorry ukrocks I didn't know exactly where you were and had to do a googlemaps. I don't know where half our region members are--and I am not too familiar with that region of the US.

Yeah our region is huge. I'm about 50 miles south of Beau. Just not many posters from mine and Beau's region. I also reside in Louisville during breaks. But I agree with the quick transition if the NAM was taken verbatim. However a lot of the other models have precip type issue for us so I'm not too worried about it. Will be fun to track later on today,. But I'm off too bed.

6z NAM is still stronger and wetter than the GFS which is shown by the QPF map you posted. It would be 5+ for most of IN/OH.

6z NAM is still stronger and wetter than the GFS which is shown by the QPF map you posted. It would be 5+ for most of IN/OH.

I don't get overly excited about the 6z runs either way. They normally revert back to the 0z run at 12z anyways or very similar. But it's 6z so I don't worry much about em. Bout bedtime for me fellas

wow...so far it looks like Dr. No may lead the way. Clearly there was a weakening and southern shift on the 6z nam.....the 6z gfs....and even the 6z rgem is weaker at 48.

trend is for the northern branch to outrun the southern branch....morphing into a glorified cold frontal passage.

6z gfs ensembles are split between really weak and a little weaker

lol there hasnt been one single event this winter where there wasnt tons of panic or tons of "it doesnt look good" days out. Todays 6z runs dont worry me, and im on the northern fringe as it is.

i need something better than anecdote..... (you got roab, energy not on shore, model bias....anything?) :P

heck even the 6z ukmet is noticeably weaker and southeast at 60 hrs vs. 00z. And those uk middle runs rarely indicated any changes. So the models must be sniffing out something fugly....or hopefully just sniffing something.

i need something better than anecdote..... (you got roab, energy not on shore, model bias....anything?) :P

heck even the 6z ukmet is noticeably weaker and southeast at 60 hrs vs. 00z. And those uk middle runs rarely indicated any changes. So the models must be sniffing out something fugly....or hopefully just sniffing something.

Well, the models have been a MESS this winter for the most part. Best anecdote I can give you...the models frequently weaken or even lose a storm completely 3-5 days out, only to bring it back once it gets at least partially sampled onshore. :)

Archived