Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 19-21 MW/GL/OV Storm Potential

snowlover2

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not particularly, considering it is just a wave on the northern stream, sorta like a clipper.

yea, well unfortunately I cant see the model, I just read whats written lol.. Onto 6z runs lol.. I wont be sleeping much. Just hope like hell the NAM holds its ground and wins out.. Not likely though. And the gfs took a step back. EURO doesnt budge. Ukie is a compromise of the nam and the gfs, and the ggem is closer to the nam without a full phase.. UGH.. Model Mayhem.

You sure you want to know? The euro is as dysfunctional as the GFS with it.

I know this, the crude 24 hour maps tell me a few things.

there is enough h7 and h850 moisture to tell me at 144 its snowing in STL while the vort max is weak and south...it still is shows decent vorticity..and there is a H7 closed low with weak convergence over the area.

gotta have something and its cold..all snow

ya i think its also the time for the eastern tmz posters, getting close to 2 in the morning.

I always love watching tv or something realizing the nam/gfs has been running (which i don't refresh at 2 minutes intervals to get the latest 6hr forecast) when i know nothing of interest is coming my way, and i casually glance over the models (nam) in this case and getting to the increased cyclogenesis/phasing which leads to a really big storm and jump over to the forum to see about 4 pages added in about 20 minutes. Even not being involved in the storm i like to see my old group of posters get excited (GL/OV crew) I hope everything pans out for you guys, even though i drove through the 2008 blizzard in ohio on the way back from spring break and i've decided that the state of ohio should receive a 10 year ban on good snowstorms after driving through that monster 2 days after, and the roads were barely passable then.

ya i think its also the time for the eastern tmz posters, getting close to 2 in the morning.

I always love watching tv or something realizing the nam/gfs has been running (which i don't refresh at 2 minutes intervals to get the latest 6hr forecast) when i know nothing of interest is coming my way, and i casually glance over the models (nam) in this case and getting to the increased cyclogenesis/phasing which leads to a really big storm and jump over to the forum to see about 4 pages added in about 20 minutes. Even not being involved in the storm i like to see my old group of posters get excited (GL/OV crew) I hope everything pans out for you guys, even though i drove through the 2008 blizzard in ohio on the way back from spring break and i've decided that the state of ohio should receive a 10 year ban on good snowstorms after driving through that monster 2 days after, and the roads were barely passable then.

yea, good amount of snow. 22" in Fredericktown, where I lived at the time. Only bad part of that storm, if you wanna find a bad thing about it, was the winds that were forecasted never showed up, so it wasnt a blizzard. Just a lot of snow.. lol.. Oh and it was a pin to shovel.. Heavy stuff.

yea, good amount of snow. 22" in Fredericktown, where I lived at the time. Only bad part of that storm, if you wanna find a bad thing about it, was the winds that were forecasted never showed up, so it wasnt a blizzard. Just a lot of snow.. lol.. Oh and it was a pin to shovel.. Heavy stuff.

we came up 75 on that saturday? I think it was 2 days after the storm but it was a nightmare from cincy and everything north for about 120 miles. 1 lane was open on 75 for most of the way and we had to of seen at least a few hundred cars off the road. Off course most of those had to have been the J.A.'s trying to pass in the unplowed right lane (I believe only the center lane was clear and the right lane was semi plowed but the left lane was practically untouchable) but it was crazy it was literally a wall of spin outs/cops/ambulances/plows for like 3 hours. I was jealous, plus what was that 2 day storm that slammed cleveland or some part of ohio with about 20 inches of snow it was mostly an overrunning event but that was another recent extreme storm you guys have seen.

Interesting to see how the models will play out over the next couple of runs. I think phasing is going to make an attempt to hit the eastern OV with heavy snows. The central OV will be close. I think around 6" can fall but that is taking a blend of everything. The Euro I do believe is closer to phasing but QPF usually is the last to catch up. Maybe they just stay separate enough not to introduce a pronounced enhanced area. The encouraging side is that it does appear the general consensus of modeling came closer to a phasing solution but until it is for sure then who cares what it shows.

Josh

Archived