Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 17-19th Plains/MW/Lakes Storm Potential

A-L-E-K

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would take the thermals on the models as of now with a grain of salt.. We will get a better reading on the thermals with tomorrow nights runs, whether they're warm or cold..

You guys in Chicago are definitely in a better position than us guys to the E and S (for the margin of error).

One plus is that we don't have a surface ridge over the SE, so it's not a particularly intense southerly flow.

Looks like i'm going to be right on the edgeaxesmiley.png..

^Lol tnx.. We gotta take care of business tomorrow though it aint gonna be easy..

Yep, you will be riding the slop mix line it looks like.

And yes, Seahawks will be tough, but we'll do this. Bears-Packers to go to the SB is meant to be.

taking a look at the new IWX WRF right now, it brings most of northern IL above freezing at the sfc during the evening hours monday but not before a few hours of snow sitting between 28-30 and we stay between 32-34 degrees after that but temps at 850mb dont get above -2. during the entire event. and 925mb temps dont go above freezing. dew points come up to 32 about 4-6 hours after the sfc temps get to freezing.

still trying to figure this event out, think a 1-3" call for here is safe right now.

lol at the GFS slowly trending towards the NAM. :arrowhead:

I would probably cry if we saw 36*F and light rain with this storm. I'd rather keep the snowpack and stay dry.

I was sickened to see the GFS trend warmer. Even if that pans out, no way do we lose this snowpack. If anything the rain will soak into it..but the pretty look may fade some.

I'd watch where the low ends up tracking, I find it a bit hard to believe the warm air will make it up here if the system is south of us. 30Kts at 850 isn't that terribly strong and it really is not that warm south of us when the winds turn southerly.

it'll be 34 with a mix bag and you'll be outside trying to cover your snowpack with some plastic wrap to keep it from melting. SE michigan always finds a way to be warmer than progged tongue.gif

i'm telling you snowcover weenies come on up to grand forks, its insane 2nd winter i've been here and from november to march its a constant deep snowpack plus you get to watch the epic flood in the sping. We've easily got 1-2 feet on the ground with the drifts and snow mounds that are at least 2 stories high.

it'll be 34 with a mix bag and you'll be outside trying to cover your snowpack with some plastic wrap to keep it from melting. SE michigan always finds a way to be warmer than progged tongue.gif

Lately we have been colder then expected so maybe this year we buck the warm trend. Personally its on a Monday night, I am not going to be working or going out so, let it be an ice storm :P

i'm telling you snowcover weenies come on up to grand forks, its insane 2nd winter i've been here and from november to march its a constant deep snowpack plus you get to watch the epic flood in the sping. We've easily got 1-2 feet on the ground with the drifts and snow mounds that are at least 2 stories high.

Ya just wait until your Apt or house is an island come late April :(

Lately we have been colder then expected so maybe this year we buck the warm trend. Personally its on a Monday night, I am not going to be working or going out so, let it be an ice storm :P

maybe... that high isn't in a favorable position to give you cold easterly flow, but that shallow arctic air always tends to be hard to push out.

Archived