Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Thread Continued

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who said that? Here's the brand new 0z NAM total precip thru 12 hours

post-1507-0-90228900-1295577947.png

Looking at that, they must've been talking specific to the SE region as from there no one gets about .25 and the LV sees .25+.

MDT is right on that line it appears. But we weren't supposed to see more than 1" before 11 or midnight, and CTP's latest short term says that specifically yet again. We should be OK still, just a slow one to get going.

Here's the HRRR:

acsnw_t3sfc_f11.png

Looking at that, they must've been talking specific to the SE region as from there no one gets about .25 and the LV sees .25+.

MDT is right on that line it appears. But we weren't supposed to see more than 1" before 11 or midnight, and CTP's latest short term says that specifically yet again. We should be OK still, just a slow one to get going.

Yea they're usually really focused on that particular region. I'm not too concerned at the minute on anyone busting, the better forcing still seems to be in western/central PA yet. Haven't tried to fire up the 0z WRF radar but the 18z run eventually ran a couple hour shot of heavy snow thru all of SC and southeastern. I had MDT right near the 4-6 boundary but still in the 2-4 range, so I think they're good for being high in that range around 4 inches. Overall with the map I put out i'm glad i kept the 4-6 range high up in PA with the stronger and further north tracking low.

Yea they're usually really focused on that particular region. I'm not too concerned at the minute on anyone busting, the better forcing still seems to be in western/central PA yet. Haven't tried to fire up the 0z WRF radar but the 18z run eventually ran a couple hour shot of heavy snow thru all of SC and southeastern. I had MDT right near the 4-6 boundary but still in the 2-4 range, so I think they're good for being high in that range around 4 inches. Overall with the map I put out i'm glad i kept the 4-6 range high up in PA with the stronger and further north tracking low.

How do you think the radar looks for us here in the State College region?

Not sure how much we have. I measured snow then walked the dog around our fairly large yard, at some point my ruler fell out of my coat pocket. Fail. Probably won't see that for weeks. I am going to guess two inches.

Not sure how much we have. I measured snow then walked the dog around our fairly large yard, at some point my ruler fell out of my coat pocket. Fail. Probably won't see that for weeks. I am going to guess two inches.

It looks like for the interim that its going to be constant light to at times moderate snow falling. At some point in the next few hours I expect the region to light up in heavy snowfall for a couple hours that could hammer down a few inches of snow in a relatively short time followed by lighter snows before shutting off around dawn.

:lol:

And yeah, no offense, but i hope you don't see it til March.

Looks like between 1.5-2" here.

Here is CTP's 10 pm update (say all still as expected):

&& Near term /until 6 am Friday morning/... regional radar mosaic showing a widespread light to moderate snow now falling across the bulk of central PA...where strong warm air advection/isentropic lift is occurring. Further south...visibilities still VFR across southeast PA. However...lg scale forcing associated with approaching trough will ramp up markedly after midnight...bringing a period of snow to the lower susq valley. Latest snowfall reports indicate the heaviest amts have been across the Laurel Highlands with 3-4 inches as of 10 PM. A few spots across The Laurels may see just over 6 inches. However...mesoscale model data indicates snow will taper off pretty quickly between 1 and 2 am across the West Mountains Based on ens mean quantitative precipitation forecast and model-based snow/water ratios of around 17/1...will stick with a general 4-6 inch snowfall for much of central and northern PA...where models continue to place the most impressive low-middle level frontogenetic forcing. Further southeast...the lower susq valley still appears on track for 2-4 inches late tonight. As stated above...latest model data and radar trends suggest snow tapers off late tonight...roughly between 2 and 5 am from west to east.

2.5" of snow currently, I'm hoping to squeeze in another 1" before the back edge of the precip barrels east ward. Next weeks event looks depressing, congrats eastern PA and MA again, ugghhh :( wheres the love, i feel bad for williamsport i really really do, at least we get nickled and dimed from LE they get nothing

Archived