• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Thread Continued

Yea prolly single digits, and possibly low singles in places like Johnstown. I'd say with the fresh snowfall it'd be no problem with calm winds but its going to be pretty breezy tomorrow night. Sunday nights prolly the best shot for central and northern. I'll be in section 523 at Heinz Field Sunday evening.. I'm hoping the adrenaline makes me not notice its like 10 at kickoff haha.

Nice. Going to cheer on the Steel nutties.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow euro. Huge hit for unv.

I don't think you could ask for a better miller A track, and after seeing the 12 hour GGEM on ewall.. It actually looks very similar to the Euro. There'd be mixing issues in the southeast toward Harrisburg on the GGEM but it looks like UNV would be all snow. Considering this is lurking in the 120-144 hour range, the GFS/Canadian/Euro are grouped very close.. heck the NOGAPs is sitting a 988 low over Philly at 144 with 0.5-1.0" over most of PA after having the low inland enough at first to start the region as rain. It seems quite evident right now something sizeable is going to happen in the middle of next week.

But for now, give me the European solution.... at about 36 hours prior.

I don't think you could ask for a better miller A track, and after seeing the 12 hour GGEM on ewall.. It actually looks very similar to the Euro. There'd be mixing issues in the southeast toward Harrisburg on the GGEM but it looks like UNV would be all snow. Considering this is lurking in the 120-144 hour range, the GFS/Canadian/Euro are grouped very close.. heck the NOGAPs is sitting a 988 low over Philly at 144 with 0.5-1.0" over most of PA after having the low inland enough at first to start the region as rain. It seems quite evident right now something sizeable is going to happen in the middle of next week.

But for now, give me the European solution.... at about 36 hours prior.

Of course there would! LOL

any who..about last night, snow started coming down at a pretty good clip. then just petered out. Put me down for a 1/2"..

Next

Guys, I'm really getting excited about next week, even knowing full well that history shows that some of these wrapped up solutions we're seeing on the models would imply precip issues in my area. Honestly, the weather buff in me just gets excited to see such a large storm potential, that I'm' fine with however it works out. I remember the Superstorm brought my area hour upon hour of heavy sleet while those to my west were just getting buried in snow...I ended up with 17" of a snow/ice glacier out of that. I loved every minute of it....the incredible winds, bitter cold for mid March, incredible amount of QPF...it was just so neat to experience it. I'm not comparing this upcoming potential to that storm in any way, but I sure do like looking at those wound up model solutions.

I wish there were more people that wouldn't get so worked up if their particular area didn't get all snow from some of these huge storms, and could just appreciate the magnitude of some of them. Whether i get 2" or 22", I just love tracking and watching the big boys unfold. Call me weird I guess...

This storm was a bust. Got maybe .75".

Rob Dixon was right!

Concern for next week's storm here in the Susky Valley is us getting rain over snow it appears. Let's hope that plays out in our favor over the weekend. Crazy we'll have the coldest temps of the season through Monday then have a storm and have to worry about temp gradients. It's a true C PA winter. ;)

How did you guys N / W do overnight?

On a news cast I watched last night. Met said it would be south of us.

Hoping he is wrong!!!

Out to cleanup snow.

Hate posting from my phone.

This struck me as a funnier version of "posted from my Droid X"

Guys, I'm really getting excited about next week, even knowing full well that history shows that some of these wrapped up solutions we're seeing on the models would imply precip issues in my area. Honestly, the weather buff in me just gets excited to see such a large storm potential, that I'm' fine with however it works out. I remember the Superstorm brought my area hour upon hour of heavy sleet while those to my west were just getting buried in snow...I ended up with 17" of a snow/ice glacier out of that. I loved every minute of it....the incredible winds, bitter cold for mid March, incredible amount of QPF...it was just so neat to experience it. I'm not comparing this upcoming potential to that storm in any way, but I sure do like looking at those wound up model solutions.

I wish there were more people that wouldn't get so worked up if their particular area didn't get all snow from some of these huge storms, and could just appreciate the magnitude of some of them. Whether i get 2" or 22", I just love tracking and watching the big boys unfold. Call me weird I guess...

You and others in the general York/Harrisburg/Lancaster/ region, one thing I remember from that.....I was living in Pittsburgh at the time. My dad called me and was talking to me about the storm. He said that it was torrential sleet and GREEN lightning for an hour there. I think the green lightning may have been from the ice. But that's what he described.

This storm was a bust. Got maybe .75".

Rob Dixon was right!

Concern for next week's storm here in the Susky Valley is us getting rain over snow it appears. Let's hope that plays out in our favor over the weekend. Crazy we'll have the coldest temps of the season through Monday then have a storm and have to worry about temp gradients. It's a true C PA winter. ;)

How did you guys N / W do overnight?

Found another ruler, we got 3 1/2 but a heavy, fluffy snow squall hit right as we were leaving and I wouldn't be surprised if that got us to 4, at least.

Odd request but ok........................... your weird i guess!?!? :guitar:

Yeah brother, this storm is looking good. And , have you checked out our low temps? looks like 6 on Saturday

We got 3.25" here in Red Lion...Not to shabby I guess....Waiting for the salt truck to come down our road and plow..

Anyone care to explain how Red Lion got over 3" when MDT hovered between .5-.75"? Red Lion is south / south east of here. That is weird! (Not saying you're lying, not at all. Just curious how this happened when the northern areas did better than southern)

Anyone care to explain how Red Lion got over 3" when MDT hovered between .5-.75"? Red Lion is south / south east of here. That is weird! (Not saying you're lying, not at all. Just curious how this happened when the northern areas did better than southern)

Yeah, this doesn't make any sense a nd i was wondering too

The way the snow was coming down when it started, i thought we'd have no problem hitting 3". did you take notice of that? then it just stopped

Ya know what they say about the birds hitting the feeders hard.....storing up for a biggie storm :)...man I hope it's snow!!!! PLEASE snow gods.

The day before PD2 i was home from work with my sick daughter. I watched 2 squirrels carry 3 pounds of peanuts from where i dumped them about 40 yards then up this huge tree. It took them awhile but they got them all..

are you ever optomistic?

Hahahahaha.

Anyways I was checking CoCoRaHS reports and even a report 2mi NW of Middletown reported 2in of snow. Valley Green at the Dauphin/York county border had 2.0in and a report in eastern Cumberland County had 1.4in. Not sure what happened to the city of Harrisburg, lol.

Archived