Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Thread Continued

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you guys get crushed, I really do. If it rains on me in NYC all day and night while you guys get a blizzard, I'm game. Serious!!

Time for Central PA to catch up in a major way.

thanks for the sentiments, i wish more I-95ers felt this way, most dont give a rats a$s about us or act like we don't exist. Now if that dreded thermohaline current would just shut down, we could all be HAPPY :snowman::snowman: I think the Jebman would agree :devilsmiley:

Moons out... Got .25" What a storm that was. In Euro I trust!

Man that sucks, this precip shield really got ripped up east of the Alleghenies alot more than I figured on, esp south central. Might be attributed to the low sneaking up further north. Precips nearly shut off here for the moment and the remaining is trying to push over the Laurels. Nearly 3.5" of champagne powder is what I got here. Maybe can sneak a half inch to get to the bottom of my forecast range here by the end of the night, we'll see. I'll sort out and remap the totals tomorrow to survey the damage to my forecast, although western and northern areas should be relatively close.

On a better note, it appears the Euro is in prime position and cold enough for a CPA curbstomp, although i'd like to see some QPF totals to make sure. The trend all year has been for these things to be 100 miles or so offshore but with the more neutral NAO/AO I think its going to be at least closer to the coast and have a high chance to give the megalopolis some issues. I like where we're at currently with models, Euro pretty much splits the middle between the GFS and GGEM, and with the GGEM having its tendancy to maybe wind up things a lil bit too quickly and the GFS with its typical SE bias.. although the GFS has a healthy storm tonight. The GGEM is def not a solution i'd want to see pan out because considering the track and lack of a ohio valley low, its pretty unlikely in the wake of having a cold blast that the surface is going to warm up enough and it would probably be a heck of an ice storm for somebody.

Man that sucks, this precip shield really got ripped up east of the Alleghenies alot more than I figured on, esp south central. Might be attributed to the low sneaking up further north. Precips nearly shut off here for the moment and the remaining is trying to push over the Laurels. Nearly 3.5" of champagne powder is what I got here. Maybe can sneak a half inch to get to the bottom of my forecast range here by the end of the night, we'll see. I'll sort out and remap the totals tomorrow to survey the damage to my forecast, although western and northern areas should be relatively close.

On a better note, it appears the Euro is in prime position and cold enough for a CPA curbstomp, although i'd like to see some QPF totals to make sure. The trend all year has been for these things to be 100 miles or so offshore but with the more neutral NAO/AO I think its going to be at least closer to the coast and have a high chance to give the megalopolis some issues. I like where we're at currently with models, Euro pretty much splits the middle between the GFS and GGEM, and with the GGEM having its tendancy to maybe wind up things a lil bit too quickly and the GFS with its typical SE bias.. although the GFS has a healthy storm tonight. The GGEM is def not a solution i'd want to see pan out because considering the track and lack of a ohio valley low, its pretty unlikely in the wake of having a cold blast that the surface is going to warm up enough and it would probably be a heck of an ice storm for somebody.

The euro qpf I heard was 2" from Pittsburgh across to PHL. I think we get blasted this run! Actuality.. who knows.

I am doing a storm Re-analyst as well. I saw the ruc going north with the low I should have listened to it. Oh well I know next time. But, I at least thought 1" here but, nopee..

Euro QPF for Altoona is 2.14" :lmao:

Oh what are anyone's thoughts on the lows tomorrow night? How low will we go. Below zero maybe?

Single digits is probably it for most. There will be just enough of a breeze out there and still some leftover clouds. Higher elevations may challenge zero, though.

It now looks like another lobe of cold comes down for Sunday night. Raw numbers off the NAM have the northern half of the state below zero.

That being said, it's been a tough winter to get cold nights -- we've constantly had clouds and wind in our cold air masses.

f84.gif

Single digits is probably it for most. There will be just enough of a breeze out there and still some leftover clouds. Higher elevations may challenge zero, though.

It now looks like another lobe of cold comes down for Sunday night. Raw numbers off the NAM have the northern half of the state below zero.

That being said, it's been a tough winter to get cold nights -- we've constantly had clouds and wind in our cold air masses.

f84.gif

Seems like it's getting colder with each run too. We shall see. Anything in the single digits is dang cold to me. International Falls at -40 right now. How does anyone live there. lol

Oh what are anyone's thoughts on the lows tomorrow night? How low will we go. Below zero maybe?

Yea prolly single digits, and possibly low singles in places like Johnstown. I'd say with the fresh snowfall it'd be no problem with calm winds but its going to be pretty breezy tomorrow night. Sunday nights prolly the best shot for central and northern. I'll be in section 523 at Heinz Field Sunday evening.. I'm hoping the adrenaline makes me not notice its like 10 at kickoff haha.

Archived